OOSH / OSHC Area Coordinator - North West Sydney
Wesley Out of School Hours Care
- full-time position
- based in Quakers Hill, North Kellyville, Epping West
- generous salary packaging provisions
Wesley Mission is a high profile, multi-faceted Christian organisation making a real difference in the community. Our Vision is “Do all the good you can, by all the means you can, in all the ways you can, in all the places you can, at all the times you can, to all the people you can, as long as ever you can.”
About the program
Wesley Out of School Hours Care (OOSH) provides high-quality before and after school care and vacation care for school-aged children.
Wesley OOSH provides an environment that is warm, caring and engaging for the children, staff and families. We want the children in our care to feel at home while providing them with a secure environment to grow and learn.
About the role
Wesley OOSH is currently experiencing strong growth across all services and we are seeking a full-time Area Coordinator to oversee our Epping West and North Kellyville centres which are currently approved for 207 and 100 children respectively.
To be successful in this position you will have strong leadership qualities, be passionate about children and possess a professional and cooperative approach to working with staff, families and the school community. You will be highly motivated, enthusiastic, energetic and dedicated to providing children with the best possible childhood experiences.
As the Area Coordinator you will act as Educational Leader whilst managing a vibrant team of Centre Coordinators, Senior Educators and Educators, and be the Nominated Supervisor of Wesley OOSH, North West Region. You will ensure professionalism and compliance with the National Quality Framework across all centres while encouraging Centre Coordinators and Educators to create 'home away from home' environments that are creative, warm and inviting for children and families.
You will at times be required to work on the floor and in ratio.
- ability to engage and inspire a passionate team through clear decision making and the provision of a supportive and collaborative management style
- demonstrated ability to work unsupervised and be an effective team player with a positive attitude
- relate well to a range of people with sound listening and problem solving skills
- be spontaneous, energetic and enthusiastic
- confident professional with strong initiative
- emotional maturity and resilience
- AQF Advanced Diploma or Diploma in Early Childhood Education and Care or relevant Degree or Early Childhood Education qualification
- sound working knowledge of the National Quality Framework and My Time Our Place
- working knowledge of Workplace Health and Safety
- First Aid, Asthma and Anaphylaxis qualification (or willingness to obtain)
- current Working with Children Check
- current driver’s licence
- experience in managing internal and external stakeholders to achieve set objectives
- have experience in developing Policies and Procedures
- proven organisational skills, ability to multi-task, prioritise workloads and meet deadlines
- demonstrable skills in conflict resolution and change management
- experience in managing and developing a team for superior performance
- thorough attention to detail
- excellent written and oral skills
- outstanding interpersonal skills; flexible, patient with the ability to interact with people from a variety of backgrounds
- proficient computer skills in Microsoft Office
- working knowledge of QikKids
- public speaking and presentation capabilities
- previous OOSH experience
- completion of DEC approved Child Protection Training
Salary and employment conditions are in accordance with the Children’s Services Award with generous salary packaging available. Other benefits include discounted private health cover, study assistance and Employee Assistance Program.
Applications should include your resume and a cover letter addressing each of the selection criteria. To apply, please email your application to:
Email: [email protected]
Child protection legislation requires preferred applicants to be subject to employment screening. Wesley Mission is a Christian organisation requiring all staff to affirm the Mission’s values. Indigenous people are encouraged to apply.