OOSH / OSHC Centre Coordinators - North Kellyville, Marsden Park and Merrylands
Wesley Out of School Hours Care
- full-time positions
- based in Marsden Park and Merrylands
- generous salary packaging benefits
Wesley Out of School Hours Care (WOOSH) provides high quality before and after school care and vacation care to school aged children within the North West Sydney region.
We provide an environment that is warm, caring and engaging for the children, staff and families and believe it is important that every child in our care feels at home in a secure environment where they can grow and learn.
About the role
Wesley OOSH is experiencing strong growth across all services. We currently have services at Quakers Hill, Seven Hills West, Riverstone, North Kellyville and Epping West and are excited to be opening new services at Wyong, Merrylands, North Rocks and Marsden Park.
As the Centre Coordinator you will lead a vibrant team of Senior Educators and Educators, be the Nominated Supervisor and oversee the day to day running of one of our new North Kellyville, Merrylands or Marsden Park centres.
To be successful in this position you will have strong leadership qualities, be passionate and love working with children. You will be highly motivated, enthusiastic, energetic and dedicated to providing children with the best possible childhood experiences. You will also have a cooperative approach to working with stakeholders.
- ability to engage and inspire a passionate team through clear decision making and the provision of a supportive and collaborative management style
- demonstrated ability to work unsupervised as well as an effective team player with a positive can-do attitude
- relate well to a range of people with sound listening and problem-solving skills
- be spontaneous, energetic and enthusiastic
- confident and professional with strong initiative
- emotional maturity and resilience
- confident professional with strong initiative
- AQF Advanced Diploma or Diploma in Early Childhood Education and Care or relevant Degree or Early Childhood Education qualification
- sound working knowledge of the National Quality Framework and My Time Our Place
- minimum 3 years’ experience working in a children’s service.
- demonstrated experience in coordinating a team
- ability to direct the development, planning, implementation and review of innovative, stimulating, high quality programming for the service
- First Aid, Asthma and Anaphylaxis qualification, or willingness to obtain
- knowledge of Workplace Health & Safety
- current Working with Children Check, or willingness to obtain
- completion of DEC approved Child Protection Training, or willingness to obtain
- current driver’s licence
- proven organisational skills, ability to multi-task, prioritise workloads and meet deadlines
- demonstrable skills in conflict-resolution and change-management
- thorough attention to detail
- excellent written and oral communication skills
- be prepared to work split shifts as required
- excellent interpersonal skills, flexible and patient
- proficient computer skills in Microsoft Office
- experience in the use of QikKids
- previous OOSH experience
- experience in facilitating group games and sports
Salary and employment conditions are in accordance with the Children’s Services Award 2010, with generous salary packaging available for permanent employees. Other benefits include discounted private health cover, study assistance and Employee Assistance Program.
Applications should include a cover letter addressing each of the selection criteria. To apply, please forward your application to: firstname.lastname@example.org
No agency please.
Wesley Mission is a Christian organisation requiring all staff to affirm its values and worker code of conduct. We are committed to providing an environment in which children can feel safe and valued.
The suitable applicant will be subject to the relevant pre-employment checks for appointment to positions within Wesley Mission (including provision of a valid Working with Children Check clearance number). Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.