OOSH / OSHC Senior Educators - Various Locations
Wesley Out of School Hours Care
permanent part-time/ full time (Depending on location)
locations: Marsden Park, North Rocks, Merrylands, Wyong and Riverstone
Wesley Out of School Hours Care (OOSH) provides high quality before and after school care and vacation care for school aged children of the Epping West, North Kellyville, Quakers Hill, Seven Hills West, Riverstone, Marsden Park and Merrylands communities.
Wesley OOSH provides an environment that is warm, caring and engaging for the children, staff and families. We want the children in our care to feel at home while providing them with a secure environment to grow and learn.
About the role
Wesley OOSH is currently experiencing strong growth across all services. We are seeking to fill permanent part-time Senior Educator Positions in before school care and/or after School Care and/or Vacation Care in our existing Quakers Hill service and new Marsden Park, North Rocks and Merrylands centres - opening in January 2020.
To be successful in these positions you will be passionate and love working with children. You will need to be motivated, enthusiastic, energetic and dedicated to providing children with the best possible childhood experiences. You will need to have a cooperative approach to working with staff and families.
As the Senior Educator you will act as 2IC to the Centre Coordinator, work collaboratively with a passionate team of Educators, step into the role of Responsible Person in day-to-day charge as required and be available to attend staff meetings and training events.
- demonstrated ability to work unsupervised as well as an effective team player with a positive can-do attitude
- demonstrate strong initiative
- be spontaneous, energetic and enthusiastic
- excellent interpersonal skills
- flexible and patient
- emotional maturity and resilience
- Certificate IV or Diploma in Early Education and Care or equivalent (or working towards)
- sound working knowledge of the National Quality Framework and My Time Our Place
- experience working in a Children’s Services.
- demonstrated ability to be encouraging and passionate about providing children with engaging activities
- First Aid, Asthma and Anaphylaxis qualification, or willingness to obtain
- knowledge of Workplace Health & Safety
- current Working with Children Check, or willingness to obtain
- excellent time management skills
- thorough attention to detail
- excellent written and oral communication skills
- proficient computer skills in Microsoft Office
- previous OOSH experience
- demonstrated ability to be creative
- experience in facilitating group games and sports
- current driver’s licence
- completion of Department of Education approved Child Protection Training
Salary and employment conditions are in accordance with the Children’s Services Award 2010, with generous salary packaging available for permanent employees. Other benefits include discounted private health cover, study assistance and Employee Assistance Program.
Applications should include a cover letter addressing each of the selection criteria. To apply, please forward your application to: email@example.com
No agency please.
Wesley Mission is a Christian organisation requiring all staff to affirm its values and worker code of conduct. We are committed to providing an environment in which children can feel safe and valued.
The suitable applicant will be subject to the relevant pre-employment checks for appointment to positions within Wesley Mission (including provision of a valid Working with Children Check clearance number). Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.