OOSH/OSHC Centre Coordinators - North West Sydney
Wesley Out of School Hours Care
- permanent full-time positions available
- North-West Sydney locations
About the program
Wesley Out of School Hours Care (OOSH) provides high quality before and after school care and vacation care for school aged children of the Epping West, North Kellyville, Quakers Hill, Seven Hills West and Riverstone communities.
Wesley OOSH offers a warm, caring and engaging environment for children, staff and families. We want the children in our care to feel at home while providing them with a secure environment to grow and learn.
About the role
Wesley OOSH is currently experiencing strong growth across all services. We are seeking a number of permanent full time Centre Coordinators to run our centres.
To be successful in this position you will have strong leadership qualities, be passionate and love working with children. You will demonstrate professionalism and ensure compliance with the NQF across all areas of your centre while creating a home away from home environment that is creative, warm and inviting.
You will be highly motivated, enthusiastic, energetic and dedicated to providing children with the best possible childhood experiences. You will have a cooperative approach to working with stakeholders.
As the Centre Coordinator you will lead a vibrant team of Senior Educators and Educators, be the Nominated Supervisor and be in charge of the day to day running of the centre.
- ability to engage and inspire a passionate team through clear decision making and the provision of a supportive and collaborative management style
- demonstrated ability to work unsupervised as well as an effective team player with a positive can-do attitude
- relates well to a range of people with sound listening and problem solving skills
- be spontaneous, energetic and enthusiastic
- confident professional with strong initiative
- be reliable
- displays emotional maturity and resilience
- AQF Advanced Diploma or Diploma in Early Education and Care or equivalent or relevant Degree or Early Childhood Education qualification
- sound working knowledge of the National Quality Framework and My Time Our Place
- minimum 3 years’ experience working in a Children’s service.
- demonstrated experience in coordinating a team
- ability to direct the development, planning, implementation and review of innovative, stimulating, high quality programming for the service
- First Aid, Asthma and Anaphylaxis qualification or willingness to obtain
- knowledge of Workplace Health and Safety
- current Working with Children Check or willingness to obtain
- completion of DEC approved Child Protection Training or willingness to obtain
- current driver’s licence
- proven organisational skills, ability to multi-task, prioritise workloads and meet deadlines
- demonstrable skills in conflict resolution and change management
- thorough attention to detail
- excellent written and oral skills
- be prepared to work split shifts as required
- excellent interpersonal skills, flexible and patient
- proficient computer skills in Microsoft Office
- previous experience in a similar role
- experience in facilitating group games and sports
Salary and employment conditions are in accordance with the Children’s Services Award with generous salary packaging available. Other benefits include discounted private health cover, study assistance and Employee Assistance Program
Please email a copy of your CV/resume and a cover letter addressing all the selection criteria. For further information please contact: [email protected]
Wesley Mission is a Christian organisation requiring all staff to affirm its values. We are committed to providing an environment in which children can feel safe and valued.
The suitable applicant will be subject to the relevant pre-employment checks for appointment to positions within Wesley Mission (including provision of a valid Working with Children Check clearance number). Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply