OOSH / OSHC Educators - North West and South West Sydney
Wesley Out of School Hours Care
- before and/or after school care and/or Vacation Care
- permanent part-time & casual positions available
- based in the North West and South West Sydney regions
Wesley Out of School Hours Care (OOSH) provides high quality before and after school care and vacation care for school aged children of the Epping West, North Kellyville, Quakers Hill, Seven Hills West, Riverstone, Marsden Park and Merrylands communities.
Wesley OOSH provides an environment that is warm, caring and engaging for the children, staff and families. We want the children in our care to feel at home while providing them with a secure environment to grow and learn.
About the role
Wesley OOSH is currently experiencing strong growth across all services. We are seeking a number of permanent part-time and casual Educators to fill before and/or after school care and/or vacation care positions in our existing Epping West, Quakers Hill, Riverstone, Seven Hills West, North Kellyville and additionally our new Merrylands, North Rocks and Marsden Park services - opening January 2020.
To be successful in this position you will be passionate and love working with children. You will need to be motivated, enthusiastic, energetic and dedicated to providing children with the best possible childhood experiences. You will have a cooperative approach to working with staff and families.
- demonstrated ability to work unsupervised as well as an effective team player with a positive can-do attitude
- demonstrate strong initiative
- be spontaneous, energetic and enthusiastic
- excellent interpersonal skills
- flexible and patient
- emotional maturity and resilience
- demonstrated ability to be encouraging and passionate about providing children with engaging activities
- current First Aid, Asthma and Anaphylaxis Certificate or willingness to obtain
- good organisational and time management skills
- current Working with Children Check or willingness to obtain
- ability to work as part of a team
- good communication and relational skills with children, staff and families
- Certificate III/IV in Children’s Services, or working towards
- Child Protection Certificate
- current driver’s licence
- experience working with school age children
- demonstrated ability to be creative
- a working knowledge of the National Quality Framework and ‘My Time, Our Place’
- intermediate computer skills
Salary and employment conditions are in accordance with the Children’s Services Award 2010, with generous salary packaging available for permanent employees. Other benefits include discounted private health cover, study assistance and Employee Assistance Program.
Applications should include a cover letter addressing each of the selection criteria.
To apply, please forward your application to: firstname.lastname@example.org
No agency please.
Wesley Mission is a Christian organisation requiring all staff to affirm its values and worker code of conduct. We are committed to providing an environment in which children can feel safe and valued.
The suitable applicant will be subject to the relevant pre-employment checks for appointment to positions within Wesley Mission (including provision of a valid Working with Children Check clearance number). Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.