OOSH/OSHC Educators - North West Sydney
Wesley Out of School Hours Care
- permanent part-time and casual positions available
- North-West Sydney locations: Epping West, North Kellyville, Quakers Hill & Riverstone
- before and/or after school care and/or Vacation Care
Wesley Mission is a high profile, multi-faceted Christian organisation making a real difference in the community. Our Vision is “Do all the good you can, by all the means you can, in all the ways you can, in all the places you can, at all the times you can, to all the people you can, as long as ever you can.”
About the program
Wesley Out of School Hours Care (OOSH) provides high quality before and after school care and vacation care for school aged children of the Epping West, North Kellyville, Quakers Hill, Seven Hills West and Riverstone communities.
Wesley OOSH offers a warm, caring and engaging environment for children, staff and families. We want the children in our care to feel at home while providing them with a secure environment to grow and learn.
About the role
Wesley OOSH is currently experiencing strong growth across all services. We are seeking a number of permanent part-time and casual Educators to fill before and/or after school care positions in our Epping West, Quakers Hill, Riverstone and North Kellyville services.
To be successful in this position you will be passionate and love working with children. You will need to be motivated, enthusiastic, energetic and dedicated to providing children with the best possible childhood experiences. You will have a cooperative approach to working with staff and families.
- demonstrated ability to work unsupervised as well as an effective team player with a positive can-do attitude
- demonstrate strong initiative
- be spontaneous, energetic and enthusiastic
- excellent interpersonal skills, flexible and patient
- display emotional maturity and resilience
- demonstrated ability to be encouraging and passionate about providing children with engaging activities
- current First Aid, Asthma and Anaphylaxis Certificate or willingness to obtain
- good organisational and time management skills
- current Working with Children check (or willingness to obtain)
- ability to work as part of a team
- good communication and relational skills with children, staff and families
- Certificate III/IV in Children’s Services or working towards
- Child Protection Certificate
- current driver’s licence
- experience in working with school age children
- demonstrated ability to be creative
- a working knowledge of the National Quality Framework and ‘My Time, Our Place’
- intermediate computer skills
Salary and employment conditions are in accordance with the Children’s Services Award with generous salary packaging available to permanent employees. Other benefits include discounted private health cover, study assistance and Employee Assistance Program
Please submit a copy of your CV/resume and a cover letter addressing all the essential selection criteria. For further information, or to submit an application, please contact:
Wesley Mission is a Christian organisation requiring all staff to affirm its values. We are committed to providing an environment in which children can feel safe and valued.
The suitable applicant will be subject to the relevant pre-employment checks for appointment to positions within Wesley Mission (including provision of a valid Working with Children Check clearance number). Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.