Operations Manager, Disability Services - Sydney region
Wesley Home & Residential Care
- full-time position
- supportive team environment
- generous salary packaging benefits & a fully maintained vehicle
Wesley Mission is a high profile, multi-faceted Christian organisation making a real difference in the community. We work with the most disadvantaged in our community by providing over 200 services ranging from aged care, homeless services, child and family care, counselling, employment, training and education, and health services.
Our Vision is “Do all the good you can, by all the means you can, in all the ways you can, in all the places you can, at all the times you can, to all the people you can, as long as ever you can.”
About the Role
Reporting to the Manager, Disability Services, you will be responsible for overseeing and driving the achievement of both the operational and financial outcomes for centre based and specialist disability accommodation services within the portfolio
Key aspects of the position include (though is not limited to) the following:
- Manage the delivery of services to ensure the goals set for clients, services and business plan are achieved
- Successfully manage business development activities and projects
- Provide leadership, supervision and mentoring a team of Service Managers across a service region
- Model and implement a culture of continuous improvement that will improve the customer experience
- Ensure compliance with relevant statutory regulations, funding agreements and accreditation standards
- Engage, build and maintain a positive working relationship with key stakeholders and partners, including funding and accreditation bodies
- relevant tertiary qualifications
- experience in leadership and/or management within community/disability services
- experience in managing stakeholder relationships to achieve set objectives
- demonstrated ability to identify operational improvements and influencing others to drive change
- ability to build a strong sense of team ownership and maintain a high level of staff morale
- a strong understanding of the NDIS funding mode demonstrated understanding of budgets and acquittals and experience in financial management
- strong organisational and time management skills
- advanced skills in Microsoft Office programs
- salary packaging, up to $15,900 in tax-free pay per year (less tax and more take home pay)
- generous parental leave entitlements
- study assistance program
- access to discounted home loan rates
- Employee Assistance Program, a free and confidential counselling service
Wednesday 28 August 2019, by 5pm.
Please email a copy of your CV/resume and a cover letter addressing the essential criteria. For further information, please contact:
Wesley Mission is a Christian organisation requiring all staff to affirm its values. We are committed to providing an environment in which children can feel safe and valued.
The suitable applicant will be subject to the relevant pre-employment checks for appointment to positions within Wesley Mission (including provision of a valid Working with Children Check clearance number). Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.