Outreach Financial Counsellor - Port Macquarie
Wesley Financial & Gambling Services
- permanent full-time position
- based in Port Macquarie
- SCHADS Award Level 5 + Car Allowance + Super + Salary Packaging
Wesley Mission is a high profile, multi-faceted Christian organisation making a real difference in the community. We work with the most disadvantaged in our community by providing over 200 services ranging from disability, aged care, homeless services, child and family care, counselling, employment, training and education, and health services.
Our Vision is “Do all the good you can, by all the means you can, in all the ways you can, in all the places you can, at all the times you can, to all the people you can, as long as ever you can.”
About the program
Wesley Financial Counselling is a free, face-to-face, confidential counselling service that provides comprehensive, specialist counselling support to eligible people in order to address the immediate distress caused by financial hardship and enable our clients to build longer-term capability to budget, manage their money and make informed financial decisions in the future.
About the role
We are looking for outstanding Outreach Financial Counsellors who will be focused on building strong community connections and embedding service delivery in disadvantaged communities. This is a flexible, mobile and dynamic role that looks holistically at the client’s situation.
All staff at Family & Gambling Services work hard to develop and maintain harmonious working relationships in an autonomous-supportive work environment where they are all trained to be the best in their field.
- Diploma of Financial Counselling
- accredited, or working towards, member of the Financial Counsellors Association of NSW (FCAN)
- experience and competence in delivering community education programs
- understanding the importance of family and community eco systems
- experience providing service in client’s home and other out of office settings
- experience and knowledge working from a trauma informed approach
- experience working closely with vulnerable and socially disadvantaged communities and clients in a non-judgemental manner
- current, or provisional, NSW or National driver’s licence
- Successful applicant will need a Working with Children’s Check & National Criminal Record Check.
- an interest in and knowledge of problem gambling issues, domestic violence, substance abuse, mental health, grief and loss, and disaster relief
- welfare industry background or training.
Please email your current resume and a two-page cover letter addressing the criteria and why you are interested in this role and what you can bring to our team by 5 pm, Monday 17 August 2020.
Please include the completed Wesley Mission Application for Employment form to:
Phone: (02) 4723 9277
Wesley Mission is a Christian organisation requiring all staff to affirm its values and Code of Conduct. We are committed to providing an environment in which children can feel safe and valued.
The suitable applicant will be subject to the relevant pre-employment checks for appointment to positions within Wesley Mission (including provision of a valid Working with Children Check clearance number). Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.