ParentsNext Consultant - Grafton
Wesley Community & Family Care
- part-time 2 days per week (with potential to increase)
- location: Northern Region (Grafton)
- salary SCHADS 4 or 5 (depending on experience) with attractive salary packaging benefits
Wesley Mission is a high profile, multi-faceted Christian organisation making a real difference in the community. We work with the most disadvantaged in our community by providing over 200 services ranging from aged care, homeless services, child and family care, counselling, employment, training and education, and health services.
Our Vision is “Do all the good you can, by all the means you can, in all the ways you can, in all the places you can, at all the times you can, to all the people you can, as long as ever you can.”
About the program
Wesley Mission ParentsNext (WMPN) is a pre-employment program that aims to help parents with young children to plan and prepare for employment once their youngest child reaches school age. We do this by providing early intervention assistance to parents at risk of long-term welfare dependency and helping them identify and reach their education and employment goals.
About the role
We are looking for a Consultant who is willing to work as part of a multidisciplinary team within our WMPN network. As a Consultant you will be working with a team of exceptional professionals who practise a strength based, client-centred casework model supporting parents to identify their training and employment goals.
WMPN program has a career development pathway to ensure Consultants have access to professional training and on-the-job opportunities to grow and develop their skills.
Our vision at WMPN is to “Do all the good we can, because every life matters”, in a harmonious and supportive workplace. All staff at WMPN work hard to develop and maintain harmonious working relationships in an autonomous and friendly work environment.
- tertiary qualification(s) in Psychology, Counselling, Social Work, Social Science or considerable experience in related fields
- previous experience in ParentsNext, Job Services and / or Disability Employment Services
- ability to work with vulnerable families experiencing multiple stressors
- ability to develop, deliver and facilitate activities, workshops and training in areas such as employment skills and job search
- achieve performance targets including employment, education and social connectedness
- cultural competence and experience working alongside CALD and Aboriginal families
- current NSW or National driver’s licence
- valid Working with Children Check and criminal record history check.
Wednesday 19 May 2021, by 5 pm.
Please email your current resume and a one-page cover letter addressing the criteria, why you are interested in this role and what you can bring to our team. Please include the completed Wesley Mission Application for Employment. For further information, or to submit an application, please contact:
Phone: 0428 141 332
Wesley Mission is a Christian organisation requiring all staff to affirm its values. We are committed to providing an environment in which children can feel safe and valued.
The suitable applicant will be subject to the relevant pre-employment checks for appointment to positions within Wesley Mission (including provision of a valid Working with Children Check clearance number). Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.