Practice Specialist - Bella Vista
Wesley Counselling Services
- full-time permanent position
- based in Bella Vista and supports services across Sydney
- salary + fully maintained vehicle + super + salary packaging benefits
Wesley Mission is a high profile, multi-faceted Christian organisation making a real difference in the community. We work with the most disadvantaged in our community by providing over 200 services ranging from aged care, homeless services, child and family care, counselling, employment, training and education, and health services.
Our Vision is “Do all the good you can, by all the means you can, in all the ways you can, in all the places you can, at all the times you can, to all the people you can, as long as ever you can.”
About the program
Wesley Mission’s financial counselling program provide specialist holistic support to assist clients to overcome or alleviate financial hardships and develop long-term strategies to improve their ongoing financial capability and financial wellbeing.
About the role
Through practice support and technical guidance, this rewarding and diverse position is responsible for driving quality, consistent practice and professional development across our Financial Counselling program.
In addition, this role will also maintain a small financial counselling caseload and be allocated a number of direct reports.
To be successful in this position, candidates must possess the following:
- high-level ability to support staff development, through a range of processes
- working collaboratively, displaying compassion, curiosity, acceptance, genuineness, predictability, deliberateness and leadership
- ability to problem solve, be creative, resourceful, strengths-based, and outcomes focused
- willingness to affirm Wesley Mission’s vision and values
- demonstrate ability to work unsupervised as well as an effective team player with a positive can-do attitude
- relates well to a range of people with sound listening and problem-solving skills
- displays emotional maturity and resilience
- Diploma of Financial Counselling with FCAN Accredited membership
- extensive financial counselling knowledge and experience
- minimum 5 years’ experience working within the Financial Counselling industry
- sound understanding of the range of issues faced by vulnerable clients which may directly or indirectly impact their financial capabilities
- proven leadership skills including: experience in supervision of staff; monitoring service provision to ensure program is in line with standards, policies and procedures team development, leading case conferencing / forums
- proven organisational skills, ability to multi-task, prioritise workload and meet deadlines, with thorough attention to detail
- demonstrated ability to engage clients at the point of initial service contact, build relationships of trust and cooperation, problem solve and resolve conflict
- understanding of child protection principles and mandatory reporting guidelines
- high-level written and verbal communication skills
- high-level ability to liaise, develop and maintain relationships with professional groups
- ability to work effectively with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander (ATSI) and Culturally and Linguistically Diverse (CALD) organisations and communities
- commitment to continuous improvement and WH&S Principles
- willingness to affirm Wesley Mission’s vision, mission and values
- proficient computer skills
- current NSW or National driver’s license and Working with Children Check
- Experience being an FCAN Accredited Supervisor (or willing to obtain)
Benefits of working at Wesley Mission
- Employee Support Program
- access to discounted health and travel insurance
- career growth and training opportunities in a valuable sector
- attractive tax saving salary packaging
Salary and employment conditions are in accordance with the Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Services Industry Award 2010, Level 6, with capacity for salary packaging and the provision of a fully maintained motor vehicle available for private use. Superannuation is paid in addition at 9.5%.
Friday 28 February 2020, by 5pm.
Please send your most recent resume and a cover letter addressing the essential and desirable criteria set out above to:
Wesley Mission is a Christian organisation requiring all staff to affirm its values and worker code of conduct. We are committed to providing an environment in which children can feel safe and valued.
The suitable applicant will be subject to the relevant pre-employment checks for appointment to positions within Wesley Mission (including provision of a valid Working with Children Check clearance number). Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.