Practice Specialist - Child Protection - Blacktown
Wesley Brighter Futures
- full-time permanent position
- based in Blacktown, covering the Nepean, Blacktown and Cumberland regions
- salary + car allowance + super + salary packaging benefits
Wesley Mission is a high profile, multi-faceted Christian organisation making a real difference in the community. We work with the most disadvantaged in our community by providing over 200 services ranging from disability, aged care, homeless services, child and family care, counselling, employment, training and education, and health services.
Our Vision is "Do all the good you can, by all the means you can, in all the ways you can, in all the places you can, at all the times you can, to all the people you can, as long as ever you can."
About the role
The Brighter Futures program provides targeted support to vulnerable families with children aged 0-8 years to prevent them from escalating into the child-protection system.
The Brighter Futures Child Protection Specialist is responsible for the development, implementation and continuous improvement of practice, systems and processes within Brighter Futures.
We are looking for an outstanding Practice Specialist who is conscientious, reliable and motivated about making a difference. They will develop and drive high quality and consistent practice that is in line with evidence and best practice standards through quality file review and auditing.
The successful candidate will be an active, cooperative member of a multidisciplinary Leadership team.
All staff at Brighter Futures work hard to develop and maintain harmonious working relationships in an autonomous-supportive work environment where they are all trained to be the best in their field.
- tertiary qualification(s) in Psychology, Counselling, Social Work, Social Science or related fields
- at least 5 years’ experience in working with family, that involves the identification and analysis of safety, risk and wellbeing concerns for children
- at least 2 years’ experience working in a related position
- sound understanding of the range of issues faced by vulnerable children and families in child protection and early intervention models of service provision
- excellent report writing skills
- outstanding interpersonal skills; flexible, patient with the ability to relate well to all levels of a range of individuals
- high-level self-management, critical analysis and organisational skills
- proficient computer skills.
- working knowledge of the local child and family support sector for the area which you are applying
- experience in managing electronic files and databases.
Salary and employment conditions are in accordance with the Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Services Industry Award 2010, Level 7, plus superannuation and salary packaging.
Monday 28 September 2020, by 5 pm.
Interviews will be held at Blacktown Friday 9 October 2020.
Please find an Application Pack, including Position Description below.
Please submit a copy of your CV/resume and a cover letter addressing all the selection criteria. Please include the completed Wesley Mission Application for Employment. For further information, or to submit an application, please contact:
Only applications which address the essential criteria will be considered.
Wesley Mission is a Christian organisation requiring all staff to affirm its values and Worker code of conduct. We are committed to providing an environment in which children can feel safe and valued.
Preferred applicants will be requested to undergo an online psychometric test, prior to interview. The suitable applicant will be subject to the relevant pre-employment checks for appointment to positions within Wesley Mission (including provision of a valid Working with Children Check clearance number). Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.