Practice Specialist (Data and Outcomes) - Blacktown
Wesley Brighter Futures
- full-time permanent position
- based in the Blacktown area
- salary + car allowance + super + salary packaging benefits
Wesley Mission is a high profile, multi-faceted Christian organisation making a real difference in the community. We work with the most disadvantaged in our community by providing over 200 services ranging from aged care, homeless services, child and family care, counselling, employment, training and education, and health services.=
Our Vision is “Do all the good you can, by all the means you can, in all the ways you can, in all the places you can, at all the times you can, to all the people you can, as long as ever you can.”
About the program
Wesley Mission has a real mission – to reach out to a community with real needs. Through witness, work and with the help of supporters we can turn lives around for good. As part of Wesley’s Community and Family Care group, the Brighter Futures program – funded by NSW Family and Community Services – provides voluntary child focused targeted support to vulnerable families with children aged 0-8 years to prevent them from entering or escalating into the child protection system. This is a dynamic and challenging opportunity for an experienced professional to join committed teams that are well respected in the sector.
About the role
Develop and drive high quality and consistent practice in the Brighter Futures service provision that is in line with the practice principals and industry best practice standards.
Wesley Mission provides regular supervision and support for all staff as well as range of opportunities for professional development and staff benefits. This is a child-related position and preferred applicants will be required to undergo a working with children’s check and criminal record history check.
- tertiary qualification(s) in Psychology, Social Work, Social Science or related fields
- at least 5 years’ experience working with family involving the identification and analysis of safety and wellbeing concerns for children
- thorough understanding of client management data systems and reporting
- experience in developing scorecards, program logic and performance measurements
- experience in client file auditing and reflective feedback reports
- sound understanding of the range of issues faced by vulnerable children and families in child protection and early intervention models of service provision
- proven leadership and management skills including experience in supervision of staff; leading practice reflection, team development and managing a multi-disciplinary team
- demonstrated willingness and capacity to support stronger outcomes for children and families and program development via ‘on the job’ coaching/mentoring of Caseworkers, plus the facilitation of training and development for staff
- thorough understanding of and ability to demonstrate the skills required to effectively deliver trauma informed, child centred and family focused practice, collaborative coaching, strengths based and solution focused practice
- commitment to continuous improvement and WH&S Principles
- experience in managing internal and external stakeholders to achieve set objectives
- proven organisational skills, ability to multi-task, prioritise workloads and meet deadlines, with thorough attention to detail
- excellent written and oral skills, public speaking and presentation capabilities
- outstanding interpersonal skills; flexible, patient with the ability to relate well to a diverse range of individuals
- cultural competence and experience working alongside CALD and Aboriginal families
- high level self-management, critical analysis and organisational skills
- proficient computer skills
- current NSW or National driver’s licence
- working knowledge of the local child and family support sector for the area which you are applying
- experience in SafeCare delivery, or other parenting programs
- experience in managing electronic files and data bases
- an appreciation of the challenges involved in managing a diverse workforce within a not for profit environment
Salary and employment conditions are in accordance with the Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Services Industry Award 2010, Level 7, with capacity for salary packaging plus the provision of a fully maintained motor vehicle available for private use. Superannuation is paid in addition at 9.5%.
Wednesday 1 May 2019, by 5pm
Please submit a cover letter addressing the selection criteria, your resume with current referees and an Application for Employment Form to: [email protected]
Only applications which address all essential criteria will be considered.
Wesley Mission is a Christian organisation requiring all staff to affirm its values and worker Code of Conduct. We are committed to providing an environment in which children can feel safe and valued.
The suitable applicant will be subject to the relevant pre-employment checks for appointment to positions within Wesley Mission (including provision of a valid Working with Children Check clearance number). Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.