Program Manager - Penrith
Wesley Brighter Futures
- full-time 38 hours a week
- based in Penrith
- salary + car allowance + super + salary packaging benefits
Wesley Mission is a high profile, multi-faceted Christian organisation making a real difference in the community. We work with the most disadvantaged in our community by providing over 200 services ranging from aged care, homeless services, child and family care, counselling, employment, training and education, and health services.
Our Vision is “Do all the good you can, by all the means you can, in all the ways you can, in all the places you can, at all the times you can, to all the people you can, as long as ever you can.”
About the program
Wesley Mission has a real mission – to reach out to a community with real needs. Through witness, work & with the help of supporters we turn lives around for good. As part of Wesley’s Family and Community Services group, the Brighter Futures program provides targeted support to vulnerable families with children aged 0-8 years to prevent them from entering or escalating into the child protection system.
The Brighter Futures Early Intervention Program is funded by NSW Family and Community Services and is a voluntary, child focused program. Brighter Futures aims to promote strong, functional and well supported families within the community. This is a dynamic and challenging opportunity for an experienced professional to join a committed team’s that is well respected in the sector.
About the role
Wesley Mission provides regular supervision and support for all staff as well as range of opportunities for professional development and staff benefits. This is a child-related position and preferred applicants will be required to undergo a working with children’s check and criminal record history check.
- tertiary qualification(s) in Psychology, Counselling, Social Work, Social Science or related fields,
- at least 5 years’ experience working with family, and able to identify and analyse the safety and wellbeing concerns of children
- proven leadership and management skills including: experience in supervision of staff; leading practice reflection, team development and managing a multi-disciplinary team, knowledge of change management principles in human service organisations
- sound understanding of the range of issues faced by vulnerable children and families in child protection and early intervention models of service provision
- demonstrated ability to engage families at the point of initial service contact, build relationships of trust and cooperation, problem solve and support planning
- working knowledge of and commitment to evidence-based practice, trauma informed, child centred and family focused practice, collaborative, strengths based and solution focused practice
- commitment to continuous improvement and WH&S Principles
- experience in managing internal and external stakeholders to achieve set objectives
- proven organisational skills, ability to multi-task, prioritise workloads and meet deadlines and budgets
- high-level self-management and critical analysis skills
- thorough attention to detail
- demonstrable skills in conflict resolution and change management
- experience in developing and managing a team for superior performance
- outstanding written and interpersonal skills; flexible, patient and ability to relate well to a range of individuals
- budget management experience
- proficient computer skills
- current NSW or national driver’s licence
- working knowledge of the local child and family support sector in the area for which you are applying
- experience in SafeCare delivery, or other parenting programs
- experience in managing electronic files and data bases
- an appreciation of the challenges involved in managing a diverse workforce within a not for profit environment.
Salary and employment conditions are in accordance with the Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Services Industry Award 2010, Level 7, with capacity for salary packaging and the provision of a fully maintained motor vehicle available for private use. Superannuation is paid in addition at 9.5%.
Wednesday 30 January 2019
Please submit a cover letter addressing the selection criteria, your resume with current referees and an Application for Employment Form to
Email: [email protected]
All applications must include a cover letter that addresses all essential criteria.
If this is not done the application will not be considered.
Wesley Mission is a Christian organisation requiring all staff to affirm its values. We are committed to providing an environment in which children can feel safe and valued.
The suitable applicant will be subject to the relevant pre-employment checks for appointment to positions within Wesley Mission (including provision of a valid Working with Children Check clearance number). Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.