Programs Manager - Central Coast/Hunter Region
Wesley Opportunity Pathways
- full-time position
- Central Coast/Hunter locations
- generous salary packaging provisions
Wesley Mission is a high profile, multi-faceted Christian organisation making a real difference in the community. We work with the most disadvantaged in our community by providing over 200 services ranging from aged care, homeless services, child and family care, counselling, employment, training and education, and health services.
Our Vision is “Do all the good you can, by all the means you can, in all the ways you can, in all the places you can, at all the times you can, to all the people you can, as long as ever you can.”
About the program
Opportunity Pathways aims to improve the employment outcomes of Social Housing Clients. The objectives of Opportunity Pathways are to:
- assist participants to gain, retain or increase employment, by accessing supports and practical assistance, and by participating in activities, training and work opportunities; and
- encourage and support participants to positively exit social housing or Rent Choice subsidies to full housing independence, to reduce their reliance on government assistance, where appropriate.
The key intended outcomes are as follows:
- Economic: participants achieve and are engaged in employment in a field or industry identified in an agreed plan
- Education and Skills: participants have improved skills through training or education and improved work readiness
- Empowerment: participants improve their confidence, increased self-esteem and hope for the future
- Social and Community: participants are role models for a working lifestyle to family and peers
- Health: participants have improved physical health, mental health and wellbeing; and
- Home: participants achieve housing independence, where appropriate
About the role
Wesley Opportunity Pathways is seeking a qualified and experienced Programs Manager to provide intensive “wrap-around” case management support to participants under our Opportunity Pathways program.
As the key relationships manager you will establish and manage key referral links, supervise staff and set targets and key performance indicators for your region.
This challenging position requires resilience, a professional attitude and an ability to handle multiple demands. This role will require you to work closely with your team to support clients in social housing to overcome barriers, leading to engagement in meaningful paid employment.
- tertiary qualifications and/or experience in Social Science, Human Services or Allied Health
- demonstrated experience in program development including engaging and empowering members of disadvantaged communities
- demonstrated understanding of local communities, industries and employment markets
- demonstrated ability to inspire and motivate your team to succeed and meet contractual and organisational targets
- excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- computer skills including Microsoft Office and Client Management applications
- understanding of environmental and social constraints and barriers faced by social housing clients
- not-for-profit or cause-related management experience
Wednesday 29 May 2019, by 3pm.
Please submit a copy of your CV/resume and a cover letter addressing all the selection criteria. For further information, or to submit an application, please contact:
Email: [email protected]
Wesley Mission is a Christian organisation requiring all staff to affirm its values. We are committed to providing an environment in which children can feel safe and valued.
The suitable applicant will be subject to the relevant pre-employment checks for appointment to positions within Wesley Mission (including provision of a valid Working with Children Check clearance number).
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.