Programs Manager - Wollongong
Wesley Vocational Institute (RTO 90091)
- full-time position
- based in Wollongong
- competitive salary package including company vehicle
Wesley Mission is a high profile, multi-faceted Christian organisation making a real difference in the community. We work with the most disadvantaged in our community by providing over 200 services ranging from aged care, homeless services, child and family care, counselling, health, employment, training and education services.
Our Vision is “Do all the good you can, by all the means you can, in all the ways you can, in all the places you can, at all the times you can, to all the people you can, as long as ever you can.”
About the program
Wesley Vocational Institute (RTO 90091), the Registered Training Organisation of Wesley Mission, has been successfully delivering accredited and non-accredited training for over 15 years, with offices in Port Macquarie, Newcastle, Sydney and Wollongong. Wesley Vocational Institute is seeking to employ a Programs Manager to oversee training programs across Wollongong and the Southern Highlands region to support the growth of the business.
About the role
To succeed in this role, you must have program management experience preferably in the education and training sector, excellent communication skills, demonstrated business development skills and the ability to inspire and motivate your team to meet significant organisational and financial targets.
You will have a reputation for empowering your team, delivering quality outcomes and managing complex situations effectively. You will be highly respected by your customers for under selling and over delivering and your passion and “can do” attitude will be contagious.
The successful applicants will be rewarded with a competitive package including company vehicle, salary packaging and professional development & career opportunities.
- demonstrated business development skills
- demonstrated coordination and program management experience within an education or training environment
- demonstrated knowledge of issues surrounding the establishment, design and coordination of accredited training compliant programs with VET quality framework
- demonstrated ability to provide leadership which empowers your team to succeed
- demonstrated experience providing great customer service
- excellent verbal and written communication
- (TAE40110) Certificate IV in Training and Assessment
- an understanding of ASQA and the Standards for NVR Registered Training Organisations
- previous experience in a similar role
Friday 10 January 2020, by 5pm.
Please submit a copy of your CV/resume and a cover letter addressing all the selection criteria. For further information, or to submit an application, please contact:
Wesley Mission is a Christian organisation requiring all staff to affirm its values. We are committed to providing an environment in which children can feel safe and valued.
The suitable applicant will be subject to the relevant pre-employment checks for appointment to positions within Wesley Mission. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.