Project Manager - Sydney CBD
Wesley Business Services
- casual role with flexible hours and working arrangements
- based in Sydney CBD
- genuine opportunity to have a positive impact
- part of a strong and growing not-for-profit organisation
Wesley Mission is a high profile, multi-faceted Christian organisation making a real difference in the community. We work with the most disadvantaged in our community by providing over 200 services ranging from aged care, homeless services, child and family care, counselling, employment, training and education, and health services.
Our Vision is “Do all the good you can, by all the means you can, in all the ways you can, in all the places you can, at all the times you can, to all the people you can, as long as ever you can.”
About the program
Wesley Business Services is responsible for delivering a diverse portfolio of projects and programs of work across Wesley Mission. Projects are often multi-functional and involve multiple internal and external stakeholders such as Property, Information Services, Human Resources, Marketing, Legal and Service Delivery. Projects are delivered in support of Wesley Mission’s Strategic Plan and Business Plans.
About the role
The Project Manager, Wesley Business Services plays an important role in the sustainable growth and continuous improvement of Wesley Mission. The role has responsibility to manage and deliver a variety of business projects within agreed time, cost and scope. Proactive engagement and strong relationships with operational management teams and project governance groups will be crucial.
- qualification/s in a relevant tertiary discipline such as business, commerce or management
- minimum 5 years’ experience working in a project or program management role
- demonstrable knowledge and experience working within a project governance framework, such as PRINCE2
- demonstrable knowledge and experience managing internal and external resources
- demonstrable knowledge and experience with project and financial reporting
- outstanding interpersonal skills: flexible and patient with the ability to relate to all the levels of society with which Wesley Mission interacts
- proven organisational skills, ability to multi-task, prioritise workloads and meet deadlines
- experience managing projects within the home care and disability sectors
- not for profit or cause related experience, particularly with project management
- experience in contributing to complex and diverse projects and change initiatives within a diverse community services related organisation
- experience with continuous improvement, including identification, proposal, implementation and measurement of improvement initiatives
Salary and employment conditions are in accordance with the Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Services Industry Award 2010, Level 6.
Wednesday 27 March 2019, by 5pm
Please submit a copy of your CV and cover letter addressing the selection criteria. For further information, or to submit an application, please contact:
Name: Jonathan Abednego
Phone: 0434 062 818
Email: [email protected]
Subject line: Project Manager – Wesley Business Services
Wesley Mission is a Christian organisation requiring all staff to affirm its values. We are committed to providing an environment in which children can feel safe and valued.
The suitable applicant will be subject to the relevant pre-employment checks for appointment to positions within Wesley Mission (including provision of a valid Working with Children Check clearance number). Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.