Project Officer - Darwin
Wesley LifeForce Networks
- part-time role, 2 days per week; fixed-term contract position for 12 months
- based in Darwin
- to provide support for suicide prevention activities in the Darwin region
Wesley Mission is a high profile, multi-faceted Christian organisation making a real difference in the community. We work with the most disadvantaged in our community by providing over 200 services ranging from aged care, homeless services, child and family care, counselling, employment, training and education, and health services.
Our Vision is “Do all the good you can, by all the means you can, in all the ways you can, in all the places you can, at all the times you can, to all the people you can, as long as ever you can.”
About the program
Darwin Region Suicide Prevention Network is dedicated to preventing suicide in the Darwin region. We provide resources and activities to raise awareness about suicide and to support people who are impacted by it. Wesley LifeForce provides the platform from which the Network reaches out to the community.
About the role
We are currently seeking a Project Officer. You will be responsible for developing resources that support the work of the Darwin Region Suicide Prevention Network.
- be a member or an endorsed applicant of the Darwin Region Indigenous Suicide Prevention Network
- ability to meet deadlines and prioritise workloads
- ability to utilise a database and other software, including the Microsoft suite
- ability to work collaboratively
- demonstrated effective communication techniques that engender positive relationships and influence stakeholders
- proven ability to initiate and develop effective relationships with government and non-government agencies and the broader community
- experience in developing and implementing project plans
- a current driver’s licence
- excellent organisational skills
- not-for-profit or cause-related management experience
Please email a copy of your CV/resume and a cover letter addressing all the selection criteria. For further information, or to submit an application, please contact:
Phone: 0439 062 038
Email: [email protected]
Wesley Mission is a Christian organisation requiring all staff to affirm its values. We are committed to providing an environment in which children can feel safe and valued.
The suitable applicant will be subject to the relevant pre-employment checks for appointment to positions within Wesley Mission. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.