Projects Coordinator - Carlingford
Wesley LifeForce Suicide Prevention Program
- full-time position: 12-month contract
- based in Carlingford
- have a direct impact on saving lives
- events management role
Wesley Mission is a high profile, multi-faceted Christian organisation making a real difference in the community. We work with the most disadvantaged in our community by providing over 200 services ranging from aged care, homeless services, child and family care, counselling, employment, training and education, and health services.
Our Vision is “Do all the good you can, by all the means you can, in all the ways you can, in all the places you can, at all the times you can, to all the people you can, as long as ever you can.”
About the program
The Wesley LifeForce Suicide Prevention Program is an exciting initiative providing suicide prevention training and community networks. We are currently expanding this effort nationally through additional government support.
About the role
Throughout the year Wesley LifeForce hosts various events to support those bereaved by suicide as well as those working to address this issue, nationally. Through your initiative, personality, and passion, you will build relationships and manage events in locations across Australia. Additionally you will provide portfolio and administration support to the Group Manager of Wesley LifeForce Suicide Prevention Services.
This role is a 12-month fixed term position providing maternity leave cover. Occasional intrastate and interstate travel may be required.
- experience in event management, preferably in the not for profit sector
- excellent written and oral communication skills
- strong organisational skills
- excellent customer service skills
- ability to multi-task, prioritise workloads and meet deadlines
- advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office suite
- experience in taking minutes and meeting management
- proven administration experience
- understanding of Governance
Benefits of working at Wesley Mission
- Employee Support Program
- access to discounted Health and Travel Insurance
- career growth and training opportunities in a valuable sector
- attractive tax saving salary packaging
Monday 28 January 2019
Please submit a copy of your CV/resume and a cover letter addressing all the selection criteria. For further information, or to submit an application, please contact:
Phone: 1800 100 024
Email: [email protected]
Wesley Mission is a Christian organisation requiring all staff to affirm its values. We are committed to providing an environment in which children can feel safe and valued.
The suitable applicant will be subject to the relevant pre-employment checks for appointment to positions within Wesley Mission (including a Criminal History Record Check). Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.