Property Officer - Carlingford
- full-time position
- leading Christian charity
- mobile role based in Carlingford
- salary packaging benefits
Wesley Mission is a high profile, multi-faceted Christian organisation making a real difference in the community.
Our Vision is “Do all the good you can, by all the means you can, in all the ways you can, in all the places you can, at all the times you can, to all the people you can, as long as ever you can.”
About the role
Wesley Property seeks to make a real difference. Understanding the human side of property is our greatest asset and inspires our workplaces. We maintain an environment of equality where all staff members are supported in their efforts to achieve their full potential. This is a new role reporting to the Asset Manager. The Property Officer is a key support to enable the team to achieve their objectives by providing administration and operational support.
You will be joining a team of property professionals, based in the North-West Sydney suburb of Carlingford, with car parking available. We have a unique portfolio mainly covering Metropolitan Sydney and extending into regional NSW. Wesley Mission has a very diverse property portfolio consisting of over 50 significant freehold and over 100 leasehold properties. As the Property Officer, you will be required to liaise, collaborate and build excellent working relationships with a diverse set of internal and external stakeholders.
Reporting to the Asset Manager, as part of a wider full range property group the Property Officer will be responsible for the provision of property and tenancy management services associated with Wesley Mission’s wide range of owned and leased properties. You will be the frontline face for searching and securing leases and property searching.
The position ensures ongoing consultation and communication with a diverse group of stakeholders, including tenant’s real estate agents, contractors, government agencies, local authorities and internal staff, to ensure that a customer focused service is delivered.
There are two key aspects to the role:
- Property Administration
- Leasing & Property Management.
- proven property experience in leasing, property management, valuation or sales
- excellent written and verbal communication and negotiation skills, especially as they relate to internal management, consultants and contractors
- up to 5 years’ experience in a property role, for example agency, leasing, contract negotiation, property management or sales will all be considered
- relevant tertiary qualification in Property and/or Property Valuation such as Land Economy, Conveyance, Diploma or equivalent
- computer literate, including the use of Microsoft Office suites, such as Word, Excel and Project
- ability to work positively, listen to a wide range of customers and then use your own professional property coordination skills to deliver robust solutions.
Closing date: 9am, Monday 17 May 2021.
If you have what it takes to make a success of this role we would love to hear from you. Please email your resume and cover letter outlining your suitability to:
Contact name: Angela Mitry
Phone: 02 98570 2574
Subject line: Property Officer
Wesley Mission is a Christian organisation requiring all staff to affirm its values. We are committed to providing an environment in which children can feel safe and valued.
The suitable applicant will be subject to the relevant pre-employment checks for appointment to positions within Wesley Mission (including provision of a valid Working with Children Check clearance number). Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
No recruiters thank you.