Psychologist - Liverpool
Mums and Kids Matter
- full-time position available now
- based in Liverpool
- state-wide program funded by NSW Health
- includes fully maintained vehicle for private and business use and salary packaging benefits
Wesley Mission is a high profile, multi-faceted Christian organisation making a real difference in the community. Our Vision is “Do all the good you can, by all the means you can, in all the ways you can, in all the places you can, at all the times you can, to all the people you can, as long as ever you can.”
About the program
Mums and Kids Matter is a ground-breaking and exciting program at Wesley Mission that aims to support mothers living with mental illness and their children (ages 0-5 years).
The program is underpinned by a basic belief that retaining intact families, rather than having children placed in out-of-home care, is beneficial for the child, for the mother and immediate family, and for the community.
Mums & Kids Matter is currently looking for a registered Psychologist to work as part of our multidisciplinary team at the residential facility (based in Liverpool) and provide transitional support to clients upon their return home.
As a mental health professional, you will work closely with mothers and their children (0-5 years) to provide best practice, recovery based interventions that make a lasting difference.
- willingness to affirm Wesley Mission’s vision, mission and values
- demonstrated ability to work unsupervised yet also be an effective team player
- ability to relate well to a range of people from all different cultures and backgrounds
- must possess effective communication and problem-solving skills
- psychologist registered with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency
- demonstrated experience working in a mental health setting
- demonstrated experience conducting assessments and interventions with clients with complex mental health needs
- knowledge of and commitment to working in a person-centred recovery-oriented approach
- excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills
- current unrestricted NSW driver’s licence
- willingness to travel intrastate
- understanding of child protection issues
- must be available for on-call duties
- case management experience
- experience working within multidisciplinary teams
- experience working with and assessing the needs of families with children 0-5 years
The salary range for this position is based on the Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Services Industry (SCHADS) Award, Level 5, plus fully maintained vehicle. Attractive tax saving salary packaging options available. Superannuation is paid in addition at 9.5%.
- access to discounted Bupa Health and Travel insurance
- career growth and training opportunities in a valuable sector
- study leave and financial assistance through our Educational Assistance Scheme for eligible staff
- access to free personal and professional support program
Monday 26 August 2019, by 5pm.
For further information or to submit an application, please contact:
Phone: (02) 9608 9629
Please be sure to address all the selection criteria.
Wesley Mission is a Christian organisation requiring all staff to affirm its values. We are committed to providing an environment in which children can feel safe and valued.
The suitable applicant will be subject to the relevant pre-employment checks for appointment to positions within Wesley Mission (including provision of a valid Working with Children Check clearance number). Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.