Registered Mental Health Nurse - Liverpool
Mums & Kids Matter
- full-time position available
- based in Liverpool, NSW
- great career opportunity
- serve those most in need
- attractive salary-packaging provisions
About the program
Mums & Kids Matter is a program at Wesley Mission which supports mothers living with mental illness. It is underpinned by a basic belief that retaining intact families, rather than having children placed in out of home care, is beneficial for the child, mother, other family members and the wider community.
About the role
Wesley Mission is looking for a registered and highly skilled Mental Health Nurse to work as part of a multidisciplinary team within our 24-hour residential service. This is a very rewarding position in a program where you can aid in the achievement of great outcomes for mothers and their children.
- post graduate qualifications in Mental Health or significant experience working in mental health
- strong mental health assessment skills including risk and suicide assessments
- ability to affirm and work in accordance with Wesley Mission’s vision, mission and values
- Australian citizen or permanent resident
- Registered Nurse in NSW (AHPRA) with no notations or restrictions
- an effective team player with a positive can-do attitude
- excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills
- excellent organisational skills with high attention to detail
- knowledge and commitment to working in a person/family-centred, recovery-oriented approach
- knowledge of child protection issues and mandatory reporting
- computer literate and able to use computerised database (training will be provided)
- hold a current unrestricted NSW driver’s license
- availability to work shifts across a 24/7 roster, including some nights
- perinatal mental health nursing experience
- experience working with families (including children 0-5)
- care coordination experience
The salary range for this position is in accordance with the Nurses Award (2010). Superannuation is paid in addition at 9.5% with access to a variety of salary sacrifice options.
- attractive tax saving salary packaging
- access to discounted Bupa Health and Travel insurance
- career growth and training opportunities in a valuable sector
- study leave and financial assistance through our Educational Assistance Scheme for eligible staff
- access to free personal and professional support program
Please submit your application addressing all of the selection criteria with your resume to Patricia Kralj
Ph: (02) 9608 9629
Please note: applications which do not address the selection criteria will not be reviewed.
Wesley Mission is a Christian Organisation requiring all staff to affirm its values and worker Code of Conduct. We are committed to providing an environment in which children can feel safe and valued.
The suitable applicant will be subject to the relevant pre-employment checks for appointment to positions within Wesley Mission (including provision of a valid Working with Children Check clearance number). Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.