Registered Nurse - ITC-SD (Intensive Therapeutic Care - Significant Disability) - Carlingford
Wesley Home & Residential Care
- casual positions available
- based in Carlingford
- immediate start
Wesley Mission is a high profile, multi-faceted Christian organisation making a real difference in the community. We work with the most disadvantaged in our community by providing over 200 services ranging from disability, aged care, homeless services, child and family care, counselling, employment, training and education, and health services.
Our Vision is “Do all the good you can, by all the means you can, in all the ways you can, in all the places you can, at all the times you can, to all the people you can, as long as ever you can.”
About the program
This program has a strong focus on facilitating and supporting young people, their families and key stakeholders, to recovery from trauma with a multi-disciplinary team-based approach to providing individualised, person-centred care. The practice across this program is underpinned by Wesley Mission’s philosophy of care – everybody contributes, an ordinary life in community and you can choose.
About the role
We are looking for a passionate and dedicated Registered Nurses to join our team. This is an amazing opportunity to be part of a new service within the organisation, transitioning children and young people to the new Intensive Therapeutic Care – Significant Disability (ITC-SD) program. Key Responsibilities:
- provide individualised high-quality supports that promote client health - physical, emotional, social and client behavioural needs and goals
- support clients in their day-to-day lives per individual Care Plans
- make suggestions to shape, progress, and help support the new program and care plans
- assisting the transition, where required, of the children and young people to their ‘new home’, creating a safe, homely and supportive environment
- work closely with a multidisciplinary team to deliver comprehensive client care
- current registration with AHPRA as a Registered Nurse Division 1
- willingness to work flexible working hours including shift work, weekends and sleep overs
- demonstrated experience working effectively within a team
- demonstrated skills and experience in the provision of services to children / young people
- an understanding of the NDIS framework, Child-Safe Standards and the ITC – SD Model
- demonstrated ability to follow Individualised Care Plan
- experience and understanding of WH&S issues in the workplace
- intermediate computer skills
- good written and verbal communication skills
- current unrestricted NSW driver’s licence (must have as a minimum P2 licence to drive a Wesley Mission vehicle)
- current First Aid Certificate
- current Working with Children Check and a satisfactory criminal history record check
Salary and employment conditions are in accordance with the Nursing Award 2010.
You will be able to access a range of benefits including:
- Study Assistance Program
- Employee Assistance Program and Chaplaincy support
- discounted private health insurance and home loan offers
- Employee Referral Program
- ongoing support and training inclusive of New Equipment from a Dynamic Team
Friday 30 October 2020, by 5pm.
Please submit a copy of your CV/resume and a cover letter addressing all the selection criteria. For further information, or to submit an application, please contact:
Phone: 0427 412 952
Wesley Mission is a Christian organisation requiring all staff to affirm its values and Worker code of conduct. We are committed to providing an environment in which children can feel safe and valued.
The suitable applicant will be subject to the relevant pre-employment checks for appointment to positions within Wesley Mission (including provision of a valid Working with Children Check clearance number). Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.