Rostering Coordinator - Blacktown
Wesley Home & Residential Care
- full-time position
- Blacktown location
- competitive remuneration package (with generous salary packaging)
- immediate start
If you have experience in rostering and scheduling services, enjoy communicating and working with people from a variety of ages and backgrounds, and thrive on working within a highly active and engaging work environment, this position is for you!
Wesley Mission is a high profile, multi-faceted Christian organisation making a real difference in the community. We work with the most disadvantaged in our community by providing over 200 services ranging from aged care, homeless services, child and family care, counselling, employment, training and education, and health services.
Our Vision is “Do all the good you can, by all the means you can, in all the ways you can, in all the places you can, at all the times you can, to all the people you can, as long as ever you can.”
Wesley Home and Residential Care assists aged people and those living with a disability to lead fulfilling lives, encouraging those supported to maintain independence and achieve their unique social, physical and spiritual needs.
About the position
The Roster Coordinator has the responsibility for scheduling the service delivery of our support workers to our clients. This will be achieved through maintaining rosters within a data management system. The Roster Coordinator will be the key contact for our home care and disability clients regarding schedule changes, necessitating clear communication channels between clients, support staff and other support roles. The role is required to provide excellence in customer service being the first point of contact for all clients and support staff.
To be successful in this position, candidates must be able to demonstrate the capability to meet the criteria outlined below:
- demonstrated experience in a general administration role, including operation of client management databases
- experience with scheduling of rosters or demonstrable transferable skills
- demonstrated experience in high-level customer service provision
- experience in managing internal and external stakeholders to achieve set objectives
- proven organisational skills, ability to multi-task, prioritise workloads and meet deadlines and budgets
- thorough attention to detail and ability to anticipate and solve rostering problems efficiently and effectively
- excellent written and oral skills and presentation capabilities
- outstanding interpersonal skills; flexible, patient and the ability to relate well to all levels of society with which Wesley Mission interacts
- proficient computer skills.
- experience in aged care or disability services
- experience working in a similar role in a not-for-profit organisation.
A competitive remuneration package, including salary packaging, is available. Wesley Mission offers flexible working conditions to enable work-life balance.
You will have the opportunity to be part of a supportive team and access a range of benefits, including:
- salary packaging (reduce the tax you pay and increase your take home pay)
- discounted private health insurance
- discounted home loan offers
- study assistance program (including reimbursement of tuition fees and access to study leave)
- employee referral scheme (be gifted when you refer someone you know to work at Wesley Mission)
- Employee Assistance Program (access to independent counselling and support services).
Thursday 4 March 2021, by 5 pm.
Please submit a copy of your CV/resume and a cover letter addressing the essential selection criteria to:
Email: Leigh.Jones@wesleymission.org.au with subject line ‘Roster Coordinator – November 2020’
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Applications that do not address all the selection criteria will not be considered.
Wesley Mission is a Christian organisation requiring all staff to affirm its values. We are committed to providing an environment in which children can feel safe and valued.
The suitable applicant will be subject to the relevant pre-employment checks for appointment to positions within Wesley Mission. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.