Senior Financial Counsellor - Taree
- permanent full-time position
- based in Taree
- allocated vehicle + salary + super + salary packaging benefits
Wesley Mission is a high profile, multi-faceted Christian organisation making a real difference in the community. We work with the most disadvantaged in our community by providing over 200 services ranging from aged care, homeless services, child and family care, counselling, employment, training and education, and health services.
Our Vision is "Do all the good you can, by all the means you can, in all the ways you can, in all the places you can, at all the times you can, to all the people you can, as long as ever you can."
About the program
Our program provides comprehensive, specialist counselling support to address the immediate distress caused by financial hardship enabling our clients to build longer-term capability to budget, better manage money and make informed financial decisions in the future.
Our service also recognises the importance of place-based approaches and the impact one’s community can have on all levels of wellbeing. We are therefore committed to imbedding our programs within vulnerable and most in need communities, including those communities significantly impacted by natural disasters.
About the role
This is a dynamic and challenging opportunity for an experienced Financial Counsellor to join a vibrant and passionate team.
As a Senior Financial Counsellor, you will be responsible for:
- providing intensive one-on-one financial counselling support
- mentoring, supervising and encouraging the learning and development of our interns, students and volunteers
- delivering financial literacy group programs to vulnerable communities
- ensuring easy access to financial counselling within highly disadvantaged communities
If you have a real passion for supporting and empowering client to make long lasting and significant life changes, this position is for you.
This is a child-related position and preferred applicants will be required to undergo a Working with Children Check and criminal record history check.
To be successful in this position, candidates must possess the following:
- willingness to affirm Wesley Mission’s vision, mission and values and enthusiastically advocate our Word and deed ministry
- demonstrated ability to work unsupervised as well as an effective team player with a positive can-do attitude
- relates well to a range of people with sound listening and problem-solving skills
- displays unconditional positive regard during all workplace interactions
- confident professional attitude with strong initiative
- displays emotional maturity and resilience
- passion for supporting vulnerable and in need individuals
- dedication to developing strong relationships with local community
- willingness to learn and accept feedback.
- hold a diploma Financial Counselling
- min 3 years’ industry experience as a Financial Counsellor
- accredited member of the Financial Counsellors Association of NSW (or working towards)
- FCAN recognised peer supervisor
- experience and/or competency in delivering community education programs
- experience in telephone assessment and counselling skills
- computer literacy
- excellent time management, multi-tasking and follow-up skills
- excellent verbal and written communication skills
- understanding the importance of family/ community ecosystems
- high-level of cultural competency
- understanding of strength-based practices
- current NSW driver’s licensecurrent Working with Children Check.
- welfare industry experience
- an interest in and/or knowledge of problem gambling issues
- sounds background and training in general counselling
- experience in trauma counselling.
Salary and employment conditions are in accordance with the Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Services Industry Award 2010, Level 5.
Fully maintained vehicle and salary packaging benefits also provided.
Benefits of working at Wesley Mission
- Employee Support Program
- monthly line support supervision
- opportunities for professional development
- fully funded opportunity to attend annual Financial Counselling Conference
- access to discounted health and travel insurance
- career growth and training opportunities in a valuable sector
- attractive tax saving salary packaging
Closing date: Tuesday 29 September 2020 or sooner if the right candidate applies.
Please submit a copy of your CV/resume and a cover letter addressing all the selection criteria. For further information, or to submit an application, please contact:
Phone: (02) 4723 9277
Wesley Mission is a Christian organisation requiring all staff to affirm its values. We are committed to providing an environment in which children can feel safe and valued.
The suitable applicant will be subject to the relevant pre-employment checks for appointment to positions within Wesley Mission. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.