Service Hub Coordinator - Taree
Wesley Community Hub Taree
- full-time position
- based in Taree
- fully maintained vehicle + salary packaging
Wesley Mission is a high profile, multi-faceted Christian organisation making a real difference in the community. We work with the most disadvantaged in our community by providing over 200 services ranging from aged care, homeless services, child and family care, counselling, employment, training and education, and health services.
Our Vision is “Do all the good you can, by all the means you can, in all the ways you can, in all the places you can, at all the times you can, to all the people you can, as long as ever you can.”
About the program
The Wesley Community Hub at Taree provides a range of support services to the local community through established funded services, along with referral services. The hub operates on a “no wrong door” principle, where visitors, clients and other individuals can meet to obtain information on support services; receive assistance and to be connected with the right service to help.
The community hub provides an active role in the local community through awareness, fundraising, advocacy and local government lobbying and engagement.
About the role
Wesley Mission is seeking a Service Hub Coordinator to join the Wesley Community Hub team, an exciting and new initiative with brand new offices. The position offers challenging and rewarding opportunities to work with the community, whilst connecting people in need from all walks of life to the appropriate services and support they require. The role acts as the key co-ordinator to engage or facilitate support for the delivery of an “end-to-end client experience.”
- Cert IV or higher tertiary qualification in related case management/social work or similar discipline
- experience working in a not-for-profit organisation
- previous experience with social/community services highly regarded
- strong communication, facilitation, and interpersonal skills
- networking and influencing skills
- ability to speak in public
- skills in handling difficult client situations
- customer service skills; happy and welcoming
- empathetic with good listening skills
- skills in managing people teams and rosters for ‘front of house’
- skills at managing data, systems and client records (eg CRM)
- report writing skills, including statistical reporting
- intermediate to high Microsoft Office skills including Word and Excel
- strong written and interpersonal communication skills including a capacity to deal with a range of stakeholders across varying levels within and external to the organisation (including local government, businesses, churches, service providers)
- ability to exercise discretion/confidentiality when handling sensitive information.
Friday 5 March 2021, by 5 pm.
Wesley Mission provides regular supervision and support for all staff and opportunities for professional development. Salary and conditions of employment are based on the Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Industry Award with generous salary packaging opportunities.
Please find a copy of the Position Description below.
Please submit a copy of your CV/resume and a cover letter addressing all the selection criteria. For further information, or to submit an application, please contact:
Phone: 0400 546786
Wesley Mission is a Christian organisation requiring all staff to affirm its values. We are committed to providing an environment in which children can feel safe and valued.
The suitable applicant will be subject to the relevant pre-employment checks for appointment to positions within Wesley Mission (including provision of a valid Working with Children Check clearance number). Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.