Service Team Leader - Blacktown
Wesley Home & Residential Care
- full-time position
- based at Blacktown
- attractive salary & salary packaging benefits including a fully maintained motor vehicle
- ongoing training
- learning and development opportunities
Wesley Mission is a high profile, multi-faceted Christian organisation making a real difference in the community. We work with the most disadvantaged in our community by providing over 200 services ranging from aged care, homeless services, child and family care, counselling, employment, training and education, and health services.
Our Vision is “Do all the good you can, by all the means you can, in all the ways you can, in all the places you can, at all the times you can, to all the people you can, as long as ever you can.”
About the program
Wesley Home Care & Residential Services offers older people and those with disability a range of services designed to enhance their wellbeing and promote independence. Care and services to support and assist older people who wish to remain living in their own homes is provided through the Commonwealth Home Support Program and Home Care Packages. These two major programs are a key focus of our service delivery in home care.
About the role
An exciting opportunity exists for an experienced professional to join our dynamic team.
This rewarding and diverse position is responsible for managing service delivery to clients across several locations and/or programs. The role leads a team of support workers who are aligned with Wesley Missions Vision & Values to deliver outstanding support to meet the needs of our clients under Consumer Directed Care (CDC). Quality in service delivery is an essential outcome of the Service Team Leader role, as demonstrated by client satisfaction exceeding expectations.
You will be passionate about achieving positive outcomes for your clients and leading a team of professionals
This role will support agreed growth targets through effective client relationship management, and a close working relationship with other members of the team to ensure appropriate client support.
- qualifications minimum: Cert IV in Community Aged Care or equivalent
- case management diploma or equivalent
- minimum 3 years’ clinical experience in community care, home care, disability or similar setting
- proven client-centered customer service experience
- knowledge of the Quality Framework applicable to Home Care and Aged Care Act 1997
- demonstrated capability in managing internal and external stakeholders to achieve set objectives
- proven organisational skills, ability to multi-task, prioritise workloads and meet deadlines and budgets
- excellent communication skills including written and oral skills, and presentation capabilities
- proficient computer skills in Microsoft Office
- class C driver’s license
- post-graduate qualifications in a related specialist area
- demonstrated high-level working knowledge of the community care industry including disability and aged care, external agencies including funding and policy protocols, accreditation and industrial legislation
- not-for-profit or cause-related management experience
- appreciation of the challenges involved in managing a diverse workforce within a not-for-profit environment
- experience using CareLink+ or similar customer management systems
Friday 31 January 2020, by 5pm.
Please submit a copy of your CV/resume and statement addressing each of the selection criteria to:
Applications not addressing the selection criteria will not be considered.
Short listed candidates only will be contacted within 2 weeks of the closing date.
Wesley Mission is a Christian organisation requiring all staff to affirm its values and Code of Conduct. We are committed to providing an environment in which children can feel safe and valued.
The suitable applicant will be subject to the relevant pre-employment checks for appointment to positions within Wesley Mission. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.