Service Team Leader - Inner West Sydney
Wesley Home & Residential Care
- permanent full-time position
- based in the Sydney metropolitan region
- competitive remuneration package (with generous salary packaging)
Wesley Mission has been ministering to a community with lifestyle needs for over 200 years. Our community includes the vulnerable and marginalised. It includes people who are lonely, hurt and fragile, the homeless, living with mental illness, elderly, living with a disability and unemployed. We believe it takes love, faith, and commitment to engage actively in the lives of those around us. Our services are as diverse as the needs we face, so we shape our programs, activities and services to support those most in need – whoever they are.
Wesley Home & Residential Care assists aged people and those living with a disability to lead fulfilling lives, encouraging those supported to maintain independence and achieve their unique social, physical and spiritual needs.
About the program
The TACP PLUS Program is a joint Commonwealth and State Government funded initiative. The program aims to assist older people regain physical and psychosocial functioning after a hospital stay. A key aim of the Program is to avoid readmission to hospital or a premature admission to residential aged care for older people who have had a recent hospital stay.
The Program aims also to assist individuals with complex needs, younger people with disabilities, and their carers to live in the community and to access necessary supports. Three additional community-based services are also provided within this program including ComPacks – a non-clinical support service, Dementia Support Service – flexible and in home day respite and the Community Care Team.
Covering the Inner West Region, TACP PLUS is delivered by Wesley in partnership with Sydney Local Health District in areas of Ashfield, Burwood, Canada Bay, Canterbury, Leichhardt, Marrickville, Strathfield, and part of the City of Sydney.
About this role
The Service Team Leader role sits within the Wesley Home & Residential Care portfolio, specifically working with the TACP PLUS Program. The position forms part of the TACP PLUS management team responsible and accountable for achieving key business and financial performance indicators for the Sydney Local Health District (the customer) and their Transition Aged Care Program (TACP) PLUS contract. An emphasis on high quality service delivery is required to ensure the centrality of client needs being met and customer satisfaction being achieved. The position will provide leadership and management of Support Workers.
- minimum Certificate IV in Aged Care, Disabilities, Case Management or Service Coordination
- occupational assessment, screening and vaccination against specified infectious diseases
- current First Aid Certificate
- demonstrated ability in promoting services and building relationship and community engagement
- high-level customer service skills
- excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
- experience in case management/account management/client assessments with particular emphasis on negotiations that bring together conflicting requirements and expectations into agreement
- experience managing on and off site teams.
- knowledge and experience in staff recruitment, induction and training
- experience in driving and implementing process standards in a multi-system environment
- demonstrated ability with report writing, managing budgets and quality control
- high-level computer literacy using the Microsoft Office suite
- high-level organisational skills
- ability to participate in on call duties
- unrestricted NSW drivers’ license and ability to drive a Wesley Mission vehicle as required
A competitive remuneration package, including salary packaging, is available. Wesley Mission offers flexible working conditions to enable work-life balance.
Tuesday 5 March 2019, 5pm
Using the subject line ‘Service Team Leader’, please send your resume and a one-page cover letter addressing how you meet the essential criteria to: [email protected]
Wesley Mission is a Christian organisation requiring all staff to affirm its values and Code of Conduct. We are committed to providing an environment in which children can feel safe and valued.
The suitable applicant will be subject to the relevant pre-employment checks for appointment to positions within Wesley Mission (including provision of a valid Working with Children Check clearance number). Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.