Service Team Leader - Sydney Metro
Wesley Home Care & Residential
- full-time position
- based in the Sydney Metropolitan Area
- salary packaging benefits and motor vehicle included
- learning and development opportunities
Wesley Mission is a high profile, multi-faceted Christian organisation making a real difference in the community. We work with the most disadvantaged in our community by providing over 200 services ranging from aged care, homeless services, child and family care, counselling, employment, training and education, and health services.
About the program
Wesley Home Care & Residential Services offers older people and those with a disability a range of services designed to enhance their wellbeing and promote independence. Care and services to support and assist older people who wish to remain living in their own homes is provided through the Commonwealth Home Support Program and Home Care Packages. These two major programs are a key focus of our service delivery in home care.
About the role
This position is responsible for managing service delivery to clients (across several locations and/or programs). The role leads a team of care workers and ensures the matching of assessed client needs with care worker capabilities. Quality in service delivery is an essential outcome of the Service Team Leader role, as demonstrated by client satisfaction exceeding expectations.
The role will support agreed growth targets through effective client relationship management, and a close working relationship with other members of the team to ensure appropriate client support.
- qualifications desirable: Tertiary qualification in allied health including physiotherapy, occupational therapy, psychology, social work, rehabilitation counselling or other related discipline
- qualifications minimum: Cert IV in Community Aged Care or equivalent
- minimum 3 years clinical experience in community care, home care, disability or similar setting
- proven client centred customer service experience
- demonstrated knowledge of the National Disability Standards as well as the NDIS framework and related standards, that is Aged Care Quality Standards, and Aged Care Act 1997
- demonstrated capability in managing internal and external stakeholders to achieve set objectives
- proven organisational skills, ability to multi-task, prioritise workloads and meet deadlines and budgets
- excellent communication skills including written and oral skills, and presentation capabilities
- proficient computer use and skills in Microsoft Office
- class C driver’s license
- post graduate qualifications in a related specialist area
- demonstrated high level working knowledge of the community care industry including disability and aged care, external agencies including funding and policy protocols, accreditation and industrial legislation
- not for profit or cause related management experience
- appreciation of the challenges involved in managing a diverse workforce within a not for profit environment
- experience using CareLink+ or similar customer management systems
Friday 20 September 2019, by 5pm
Please submit a copy of your CV/resume and a statement addressing each of the selection criteria to:
Only applications addressing the selection criteria will be considered. Short listed candidates only will be contacted within 2 weeks of the closing date.
Wesley Mission is a Christian organisation requiring all staff to affirm its values. We are committed to providing an environment in which children can feel safe and valued.
The suitable applicant will be subject to the relevant pre-employment checks for appointment to positions within Wesley Mission. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.