Specialist - Youth Development Facilitator - Blacktown
- full-time role, 38 hours per week
- based at Blacktown, working across the Western Sydney area
- salary SCHADS Level 6 (including fully maintained vehicle and salary packaging benefits) + super
Wesley Mission is a high profile, multi-faceted Christian organisation making a real difference in the community. We work with the most disadvantaged in our community by providing over 200 services ranging from aged care, homeless services, child and family care, counselling, employment, training and education, and health services.
Our Vision is “Do all the good you can, by all the means you can, in all the ways you can, in all the places you can, at all the times you can, to all the people you can, as long as ever you can.”
About the program
Youth Hope works with children, young people and their families to prevent issues of child safety, welfare and wellbeing escalating further and potentially placing children and young people at risk of entering the statutory child protection system.
About the role
This role is a specialised position which blends your ability to development and deliver programs to children and young people and provide face to face support to children who have high to very high child protection concerns. We are looking for an outstanding Facilitator who is conscientious, reliable and motivated about making a difference. As a Facilitator you will be working with a team of exceptional professionals who practice within an evidenced-based framework.
All staff at Youth Hope work hard to develop and maintain harmonious working relationships in an autonomous-supportive work environment where they are all trained to be the best in their field.
- tertiary qualification(s) in psychology, counselling, social work, social science, or related fields and/or a minimum of two years' working in the child protection industry with other relevant qualifications
- demonstrated experience working one on one with children and families with complex needs which is outcome focused and measurable
- strong proven organisational and coordination skills with the ability to translate youth and service needs into strategies and programs for young people, including the development and implementation of these programs
- ability to work effectively with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander (ATSI) and culturally and linguistically diverse (CALD) organisations and communities
- commitment to continuous improvement and WH&S Principles – including demonstrated ability to complete program risk assessments
- flexibility to work some evenings and occasional Saturdays
- current NSW or national driver's licence and Working with Children Check.
- working knowledge of the local child and family support sector in Western Sydney
- experience in managing electronic files and databases
- experience in outdoor adventure-based activity programs.
Please email your current resume and a cover letter addressing the essential and desirable criteria, why you are interested in this role and what you can bring to our team by 9am, Monday 26 April 2021. Please include the completed Wesley Mission Application for Employment. Interviews will be conducted Wednesday 5th May.
Phone: 8887 4933
Wesley Mission is a Christian organisation requiring all staff to affirm its values. We are committed to providing an environment in which children can feel safe and valued.
The suitable applicant will be subject to the relevant pre-employment checks for appointment to positions within Wesley Mission (including provision of a valid Working with Children Check clearance number). Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.