Support Worker (In Home Community Care) - Inner West Sydney
Wesley Home & Residential Care – TACP PLUS
- permanent part-time positions available (20 base hours/week)
- based around Sydney Inner West Region
- new and exciting program
- training opportunities
- flexible work arrangements
Wesley Mission is a high profile, multi-faceted Christian organisation making a real difference in the community. We work with the most disadvantaged in our community by providing over 200 services ranging from aged care, homeless services, child and family care, counselling, employment, training and education, and health services.
Wesley Home Care & Disability assists aged people and those living with a disability to lead fulfilling lives, encouraging those supported to maintain independence and achieve their unique social, physical and spiritual needs.
About the program
The TACP PLUS Program is a joint Commonwealth and State Government funded initiative. The program aims to assist older people regain physical and psychosocial functioning after a hospital stay. A key aim of the Program is to avoid readmission to hospital or a premature admission to residential aged-care for older people who have had a recent hospital stay.
The Program covering the Inner West Region is delivered by Wesley Mission in partnership with Sydney Local Health District.
About the role
Successful applicants will work within Sydney’s Inner West Suburbs, visiting clients in their own homes across Ashfield, Burwood, Canada Bay, Canterbury, Leichhardt, Marrickville, Strathfield, and part of the City of Sydney. You will join our growing Wesley Home Care & Disability team.
- registered motor vehicle with comprehensive insurance
- current NSW Driver’s license
- certificate III in Community Care, Aged Care, and/or Disabilities or equivalent experience
- occupational assessment, screening and vaccination against specified infectious diseases
- current First Aid Certificate
- previous experience working with frail-aged people, younger or older people with disabilities and people living with dementia and complex needs, preferably in a community setting
- experience in monitoring clients and reporting behavioural or health changes
- experience with providing personal care assistance, including the use of mobility aids
- understanding of person-centred care and customer service
- strong communication and interpersonal skills
- ability to work effectively in a team environment as well as independently
- understanding of WH&S issues and risk management for client home-based care and during transport of clients
- ability to work a regular part-time roster (days and hours to suit)
- a desire to support the mission and values of Wesley Mission
- Italian, Greek, Cantonese, Spanish, Portuguese, Arabic speakers are highly desirable but not essential
The positions are subject to award conditions under the Home Care section of the Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Services Industry Award, Level 3, Pay Point 2, plus kilometre and uniform allowance.
Generous salary packaging and training opportunities are provided.
How to apply
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter addressing the essential criteria to: TACP@wesleymission.org.au, using the subject line: Support Worker TACP PLUS.
Applications that do not address the essential criteria will not be considered.
Wesley Mission is a Christian organisation requiring all staff to affirm its values and worker Code of Conduct. We are committed to providing an environment in which children can feel safe and valued.
The suitable applicant will be subject to the relevant pre-employment checks for appointment to positions within Wesley Mission (including provision of a valid Working with Children Check clearance number). Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.