Support Workers - Home Care (Aged & Disability) - South West Sydney
Wesley Home & Residential Care
- multiple part-time and casual positions available
- bi-lingual workers needed (Vietnamese, Arabic, Cantonese, Mandarin speaking)
- flexible working conditions and hours available
- immediate start
- work with people in their homes and in the community
Wesley Mission is a high profile, multi-faceted Christian organisation making a real difference in the community. We work with the most disadvantaged in our community by providing over 200 services ranging from aged care, homeless services, child and family care, counselling, health, employment, training and education services.
Our Vision is “Do all the good you can, by all the means you can, in all the ways you can, in all the places you can, at all the times you can, to all the people you can, as long as ever you can.”
Home Care and Disability Services assists frail aged people and those living with a disability to lead fulfilling lives by providing life enriching supports in the community. We offer quality care, encouraging clients to maintain independence, while catering for their social, physical and spiritual needs.
About the role
Multiple positions are available delivering supports to people of all ages living with disabilities and frailty associated with ageing across South West Sydney, Campbelltown and Narellan LGA.
If you enjoy working with older people, people with disabilities and mental illness, from diverse backgrounds and life experiences, and are looking for a rewarding career that offers you flexibility, work life balance, and opportunities for growth and development, this is the position for you.
We are looking for proactive, energetic, empathetic individuals to work with Wesley Mission’s Home Care team. Successful applicants will support people with disabilities to achieve their goals and dreams, develop their skills, and live the best life that they can in the community. Successful applicants will also work with older people supporting them to live independently in the community for as long as possible. In this role, you can expect to undertake a variety of tasks such as personal care, domestic assistance, transport, social support, community participation and group activities.
People speaking a second language and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
- Certificate III in Individual Support Aged Care or Disability Care or willingness to obtain
- First Aid Certificate
- previous experience working with frail aged people, younger people with disabilities, people with dementia and complex needs, preferably in a community setting
- experience in monitoring clients and reporting behavioural or health changes
- experience with providing personal care, including the use of mobility aids
- excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- ability to work effectively in a team environment as well as independently
- understanding of WH&S issues and risk management for client home-based care and during transport of clients
- comprehensively insured and registered motor vehicle and current NSW drivers licence.
- experience delivering services to people requiring high level care
- experience working with people with physical, intellectual and psycho-social disabilities
- general IT skills including use of tablet, email
- bi-lingual, fluent spoken Greek, Arabic, Farsi, Spanish, Italian, Macedonian, Croatian, Serbian, Vietnamese, Cantonese, Mandarin, Portuguese, Polish, German, Russian.
Position is subject to award conditions under the Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Services Industry Award 2010 as Home Care Worker Grade 3; uniform allowance; laundering allowance; salary packaging available.
Wesley Mission is committed to ongoing training and professional development.
Friday 5 February 2021, by 5 pm.
Please submit a copy of your resume and a cover letter addressing the selection criteria to SDM@wesleymission.org.au using the subject line: Support Worker South Region.
Applications will be considered immediately upon submission.
Wesley Mission is a Christian organisation requiring all staff to affirm its values. We are committed to providing an environment in which children can feel safe and valued.
The suitable applicant will be subject to the relevant pre-employment checks for appointment to positions within Wesley Mission. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.