Support Workers: Home Care (Aged and Disability) - Various Locations
Wesley Home and Residential Care
- various locations around Southern Sydney and the Illawarra
- permanent part-time positions
- Immediate start and flexible working conditions and hours available
- working with people in their homes and in the community
Wesley Mission has been ministering to a community with lifestyle needs for over 200 years.
Our community includes the vulnerable and marginalised; the lonely, hurt and fragile, homeless, mentally ill, aged, disabled and unemployed. It includes the spiritually lost.
We believe it takes love, faith, and commitment to engage actively in the lives of those around us. Our services are as diverse as the needs we face, so we shape our programs, activities and services to support those in need – whoever they are.
About the program
Home Care and Disability Services assists frail aged people and those living with a disability to lead fulfilling lives by providing life-enriching supports in the community. We offer quality care, encouraging clients to maintain independence, while catering for their social, physical and spiritual needs.
About the role
Multiple positions are available delivering supports to people of all ages living with disabilities and frailty associated with ageing across the Sydney Metropolitan Area and the Illawarra.
If you enjoy working with older people and those with disabilities and mental illness, from diverse backgrounds and life experiences, and are looking for a rewarding career that offers flexibility, work/life balance and opportunities for growth and development, this is the position for you.
We are looking for proactive, energetic, empathetic individuals to work with Wesley Mission’s Home Care team. Successful applicants will support people with disabilities to help them achieve their goals and dreams, develop their skills and live the best life they can in the community. Successful applicants will also work with older people, helping them to live independently in the community for as long as possible. In this role, you can expect to undertake a variety of tasks such as personal care, domestic assistance, transport, social support, community participation and group activities.
People speaking a second language and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
- Certificate III in Individual Support Aged Care or Disability Care, or willingness to obtain
- previous experience working with frail aged people/younger people with disabilities/people with dementia and complex needs, preferably in a community setting
- experience in monitoring clients and reporting behavioural or health changes
- experience with providing personal care, including the use of mobility aids
- excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- ability to work effectively in a team environment as well as independently
- understanding of WH&S issues and risk management for client home-based care and during transport of clients
- comprehensively insured and registered motor vehicle and current NSW driver’s licence
- experience delivering services to people requiring high-level care
- experience working with people with physical, intellectual and psycho-social disabilities
- general IT skills including use of tablet and email
- bilingual; fluent spoken Greek/Italian/Arabic/Cantonese/Mandarin/Vietnamese/Macedonian/Serbian/Bosnian/Croatian/Spanish/Polish/Portuguese/Russian/languages from the Indian sub-continent.
The position is subject to award conditions under the Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Services Industry (SCHADS) Award 2010 as Home Care Worker Grade 3.
Uniform allowance; laundering allowance; salary packaging available.
Wesley Mission is committed to ongoing training and professional development.
Friday 31 January 2020, by 5pm.
Applications will be considered immediately upon submission.
Please submit a copy of your resume and a cover letter addressing the selection criteria to:SDM@wesleymission.org.au using the subject line 'South Region'
Wesley Mission is a Christian organisation requiring all staff to affirm its values. We are committed to providing an environment in which children can feel safe and valued.
The suitable applicant will be subject to the relevant pre-employment checks for appointment to positions within Wesley Mission. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.