Support Workers - Lewisham & Granville
Wesley Disability Services
- casual positions available at our Life Skills / Day Program – 4 to 6 hour shifts between 9:00 to 15:00 - Monday to Friday
- immediate start
- locations: Lewisham and Granville (Life Skills / Day Program)
Wesley Mission has been ministering to a community with lifestyle needs for over 200 years. Our community includes the vulnerable and marginalised. It includes the lonely, hurt and fragile, the homeless, mentally ill, aged, disabled, and unemployed.
We believe it takes love, faith, and commitment to engage actively in the lives of those around us. Our services are as diverse as the needs we face, so we shape our programs, activities and services to support those in need – whomever they are.
About the program
Home Care and Disability Services assists frail aged people and those living with a disability to lead fulfilling lives by providing life enriching care in the community. We offer quality care, encouraging clients to maintain independence, while catering for their social, physical and spiritual needs.
About the role
Support workers provide empathetic and individualised support to clients appropriate to their needs, goals and aspirations. You will be charged with empowering them to take direction of their lives whilst monitoring any changes to their support needs.
- Certificate III in Individual Support/Aged Care or Disability Care or equivalent
- previous experience working with aged people and/or people with disability
- experience in monitoring clients and reporting changes to the Service Manager
- excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- ability to work independently in the community
- understanding of WH&S issues and risk management for home-based support and during transport of clients
- current NSW driver’s licence (minimum of Green Provisional Licence)
Position is subject to award conditions under the Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Services Industry Award 2010 as Grade 2, Level 2.
Training and support provided.
Friday 06 March 2020, by 5pm.
Please submit a copy of your resume and a cover letter addressing the selection criteria with preferred working location (Lewisham or Granville or Both) to:
Wesley Mission is a Christian organisation requiring all staff to affirm its values. We are committed to providing an environment in which children can feel safe and valued.
The suitable applicant will be subject to the relevant pre-employment checks for appointment to positions within Wesley Mission. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.