Support Workers - Various Locations
Wesley Home & Residential Care
- casual and part-time positions
- locations: Loftus, Croydon Park, Hunters Hill
- immediate start with flexible working arrangements
Wesley Mission is a high profile, multi-faceted Christian organisation making a real difference in the community. We work with the most disadvantaged in our community by providing over 200 services ranging from aged care, homeless services, child and family care, counselling, employment, training and education, and health services.
Our Vision is “Do all the good you can, by all the means you can, in all the ways you can, in all the places you can, at all the times you can, to all the people you can, as long as ever you can.”
About the role
Wesley Disability Services assist those living with a disability to lead fulfilling lives by providing life enriching care in the community. We offer quality care, encouraging clients to maintain independence, while catering for their social, physical and spiritual needs. Wesley Disability Services will be supporting young female participants who are co-morbid in nature with disability and mental health challenges.
- Certificate III in Individual Support Aged Care or Disability Care or willingness to obtain
- previous experience working with people with disability
- previous experience working with people with mental health challenges
- experience in monitoring clients and reporting changes to a Case Manager
- excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- ability to work independently in the community
- willingness to learn and identify Therapeutic Reflective Practises
- understanding of WH&S issues and risk management for home-based support and during transport of clients
- registered/insured motor vehicle which can be used for work purposes and current NSW driver’s licence
- First Aid Certificate
- previous experience of Comorbidity
- previous knowledge of Programs for Work Option or Education
- reflective of Self Care
Position is subject to award conditions under the Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Services Industry Award 2010. Permanent staff will have the option of Salary Packaging. Training and support provided.
Friday 20 September 2019
Please submit a copy of your resume and a cover letter to:
Wesley Mission is a Christian organisation requiring all staff to affirm its values. We are committed to providing an environment in which children can feel safe and valued.
The suitable applicant will be subject to the relevant pre-employment checks for appointment to positions within Wesley Mission. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.