Support Workers - Various Locations
Wesley Disability Services
- casual positions available at our Supported Accommodation services
- immediate start with flexible working arrangements
- based at Canterbury and Punchbowl (accommodation) & Lewisham and Granville (life skills/day program)
Wesley Mission has been ministering to a community with lifestyle needs for over 200 years. Our community includes the vulnerable and marginalised. It includes the lonely, hurt and fragile, the homeless, mentally ill, aged, disabled, and unemployed.
We believe it takes love, faith, and commitment to engage actively in the lives of those around us. Our services are as diverse as the needs we face, so we shape our programs, activities and services to support those in need – whoever they are.
About the program
Home Care and Disability Services assists frail aged people and those living with a disability to lead fulfilling lives by providing life enriching care in the community. We offer quality care, encouraging clients to maintain independence, while catering for their social, physical and spiritual needs.
About the role
Support workers provide empathetic and individualised support to clients appropriate to their needs, goals and aspirations. You will be charged with empowering them to take direction of their lives whilst monitoring any changes to their support needs.
- Certificate III in Individual Support Aged Care or Disability Care, or willingness to obtain
- previous experience working with aged people and/or people with disability
- experience in monitoring clients and reporting changes to the case manager
- excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- ability to work independently in the community
- understanding of WH&S issues and risk management for home-based support and during transport of clients
- registered and insured motor vehicle which can be used for work purposes and a current NSW drivers licence
Position is subject to Award conditions under the Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Services Industry Award 2010 - Grade 2 Level 2.
Training and support provided.
Please submit a copy of your CV and cover letter addressing the selection criteria, your availability and preferred location of work. For further information, or to submit an application, please contact:
Email: [email protected]
Wesley Mission is a Christian organisation requiring all staff to affirm its values and worker Code of Conduct. We are committed to providing an environment in which children can feel safe and valued.
The suitable applicant will be subject to the relevant pre-employment checks for appointment to positions within Wesley Mission. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.