Team Leader (Caseworker) - Blacktown
Wesley Youth Hope
- permanent full-time position
- based in Blacktown
- SCHADS Level 6 + vehicle (as part of salary packaging) + super
Wesley Mission is a high profile, multi-faceted Christian organisation making a real difference in the community. We work with the most disadvantaged in our community by providing over 200 services ranging from aged care, homeless services, child and family care, counselling, employment, training and education, and health services.
Our Vision is “Do all the good you can, by all the means you can, in all the ways you can, in all the places you can, at all the times you can, to all the people you can, as long as ever you can.”
About the role
Youth Hope works with children, young people and their families to prevent issues of child safety, welfare and wellbeing escalating further and potentially placing children and young people at risk of entering the statutory child protection system.
We are looking for an outstanding Team Leader who is conscientious, reliable, and motivated about making a difference. As a Team Leader you will be working with a team of dedicated professionals who practise within an evidenced-based framework.
All staff at Youth Hope work hard to develop and maintain harmonious working relationships in an autonomous-supportive work environment where they are all trained to be the best in their field.
First Nations People are encouraged to apply.
- tertiary qualification(s) in Psychology, Counselling, Social Work, Social Science, or related fields
- minimum 5 years’ experience in working with vulnerable families experiencing stressors, including domestic violence, child protection issues, parent drug and alcohol misuse, parenting skills, child behaviour management, learning difficulties, parental mental health, and social isolation
- demonstrated experience in people management and leadership
- cultural competence and experience working alongside CALD and Aboriginal families
- current NSW or National driver’s licence
- available to work some evenings and occasional Saturdays
- successful applicant will need a Working with Children Check and National Criminal Record Check
- knowledge of the local child and family support sector for the area which you are applying
- completion, or close to completion, of a management or leadership course
- experience in managing electronic files and databases
Salary and employment conditions are in accordance with the Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Services Industry (SCHADS) Award 2010, Level 6, with fully maintained vehicle and generous salary packaging benefits.
Monday 20 July 2020, by 9am.
Interviews held Friday 24 July 2020.
Please email your current resume and a cover letter, no more than four pages, addressing the selection criteria, why you are interested in this role and what you can bring to our team. Please include the completed Wesley Mission Application for Employment.
Phone: 8887 4933
Wesley Mission is a Christian organisation requiring all staff to affirm its values. We are committed to providing an environment in which children can feel safe and valued.
The suitable applicant will be subject to the relevant pre-employment checks for appointment to positions within Wesley Mission (including provision of a valid Working with Children Check clearance number). Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.