Team Leader, Youth and Family - Penrith
Wesley Youth Hope
- full-time permanent position
- based in Penrith and working across Western Sydney
- salary + fully maintained vehicle + super + salary packaging benefits
Wesley Mission is a high profile, multi-faceted Christian organisation making a real difference in the community. We work with the most disadvantaged in our community by providing over 200 services ranging from aged care, homeless services, child and family care, counselling, employment, training and education, and health services.
Our Vision is “Do all the good you can, by all the means you can, in all the ways you can, in all the places you can, at all the times you can, to all the people you can, as long as ever you can.”
About the program
Wesley Mission has a real mission: to reach out to a community with real needs. Through witness, work and with the help of supporters we can turn lives around for good. As part of Wesley’s Community and Family Care group, the Targeted Earlier Intervention (TEI) program - funded by NSW Family and Community Services - has a focus on earlier intervention, the TEI program provides targeted services at the point where they can have the most impact - early in life and early in need. By encouraging community-based solutions, alongside tailored formal supports, TEI services can ultimately prevent children and young people from entering the statutory child protection system. This is a dynamic and challenging opportunity for an experienced professional to join a committed organisation that is well respected in the sector.
About the role
The successful applicant will primarily lead a team of highly professional and committed Youth Caseworkers funded by the NSW Family and Community Services and Department of Social Services. The Team Leader is also responsible for the supervision and support of Wesley Mission’s Worksmart, and Operation Hope programs.
Wesley Mission provides regular supervision and support for all staff as well as range of opportunities for professional development and staff benefits. This is a child-related position and preferred applicants will be required to undergo a Working with Children’s Check and criminal record history check.
Benefits of working at Wesley Mission
- Employee Support Program
- access to discounted health and travel insurance
- career growth and training opportunities in a valuable sector
- attractive tax saving salary packaging
- tertiary qualification in Social Work or Community Welfare or extensive industry experience
- proven team leadership skills including: experience in supervision of staff; monitoring service provision to be in line with program targets and organisational policy and procedure, recruitment, induction and orientation of staff, performance management and team development
- demonstrated ability to engage and motivate staff, specifically in a change management environment.
- high-level written and verbal communication skills.
- high-level self-management, critical analysis and organisational skills
- extensive child protection knowledge and experience
- high-level ability to liaise, develop and maintain relationships with professional groups including -Community Services and other government and non-government stakeholders
- ability to work effectively with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander (ATSI) and Culturally and Linguistically Diverse (CALD) organisations and communities
- commitment to continuous improvement and WH&S Principles
- willingness to affirm Wesley Mission’s vision, mission and values which includes a commitment to creating a team culture of openness, continuous improvement, support and respect
- flexibility to work some evenings and occasional Saturdays
- current NSW or National driver’s license and Working with Children’s Check
- working knowledge of an evidence based case management system
- working knowledge of the local child and family support sector
Salary and employment conditions are in accordance with the Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Services Industry Award 2010, Level 6, with capacity for salary packaging and the provision of a fully maintained motor vehicle available for private use. Superannuation is paid in addition at 9.5%.
Monday 26 August 2019, by 5pm.
Interview date: Friday 30 August 2019
Please send your most recent resume and a cover letter addressing the essential and desirable criteria set out above to:
Wesley Mission is a Christian organisation requiring all staff to affirm its values. We are committed to providing an environment in which children can feel safe and valued.
The suitable applicant will be subject to the relevant pre-employment checks for appointment to positions within Wesley Mission. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.