Therapeutic House Manager - ITC-SD - Malabar
Wesley Home & Residential Care
- permanent full-time role, starting in August
- newly created position based in Malabar
- an opportunity for you to build a new service
- competitive remuneration + generous salary packaging benefits
Wesley Mission is a high profile, multi-faceted Christian organisation making a real difference in the community. We work with the most disadvantaged in our community by providing over 200 services ranging from disability, aged care, homeless services, child and family care, counselling, employment, training and education, and health services.
Our Vision is “Do all the good you can, by all the means you can, in all the ways you can, in all the places you can, at all the times you can, to all the people you can, as long as ever you can.”
About the program
This program has a strong focus on facilitating and supporting young people, their families and key stakeholders, to recover from trauma with a multi-disciplinary team-based approach to providing individualised, person-centred care. The practice across this program is underpinned by Wesley Mission’s philosophy of care – everybody contributes, an ordinary life in community and you can choose.
About the role
We are looking for a passionate and dedicated House Manager to join our team. This is an amazing opportunity to be part of and manage a new service within the organisation, transitioning children and young people to the new Intensive Therapeutic Care – Significant Disability (ITC-SD) program.
You will be responsible for - but not limited to - the following:
- ensuring the provision of high-quality services, care and supports that promote the emotional, social and behavioural needs of the children and young people
- making suggestions to shape, progress, and help support the new program
- assisting the transition, where required, of the children/young people to their ‘new home’ by creating a safe, homely and supportive environment
- working closely with a multidisciplinary team to deliver comprehensive client care
- managing the day-to-day operations of the house
- providing leadership and support to the ITC-SD team
- relevant bachelor’s degree or relevant diploma working towards a bachelor’s degree
- minimum of 3 years' experience successfully managing both individuals and teams
- demonstrated experience in working with young people with complex-care needs
- demonstrated skills and experience in program management, service development and delivering positive outcomes for young people and families
- demonstrated ability to build positive relationships and work collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders
- demonstrated ability to manage crisis situations and make sound decisions under pressure
- commitment to WHS and risk management practices
- proven organisational skills, ability to multi-task and prioritise workload
- demonstrated skills in conflict resolution
- excellent communication skills; written, public speaking and presentation capabilities
- proficient computer skills in Microsoft Office programs
A competitive remuneration package is on offer in addition to generous salary packaging benefits.
You will be able to access a range of benefits including:
- Study Assistance Program
- Employee Assistance Program and Chaplaincy support
- Employee Referral Program
- discounted private health insurance and home loan offers
- salary packaging, up to $15,900 in tax-free pay per year (less tax and more take home pay)
Friday 24 July 2020, by 5pm.
Please submit a copy of your CV/resume and a cover letter addressing the essential criteria. For further information or to apply, please contact:
Wesley Mission is a Christian organisation requiring all staff to affirm its values and Code of Conduct. We are committed to providing an environment in which children can feel safe and valued.
The suitable applicant will be subject to the relevant pre-employment checks for appointment to positions within Wesley Mission (including provision of a valid Working with Children Check clearance number). Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.