Therapeutic House Manager (Registered Nurse) - Carlingford
- An opportunity for you to build a new service
- Immediate start, permanent full-time
- Competitive remuneration + generous salary packaging benefits
This is an amazing opportunity to be part of and manage a new service within the organisation, transitioning children and young people to their new home. Deliver high quality supports to young people who have complex chronic needs.
Wesley Mission is a high profile, multi-faceted Christian organisation making a real difference in the community. We work with the most disadvantaged in our community by providing over 200 services ranging from disability, aged care, homeless services, child and family care, counselling, employment, training and education, and health services.
Our Vision is “Do all the good you can, by all the means you can, in all the ways you can, in all the places you can, at all the times you can, to all the people you can, as long as ever you can.”
The program supports young people aged from 12-17 years old who have complex chronic comorbidities 2 require a manager who has experience in acute care and clinical practises, to support a team of Registered Nurses, Enrolled Nurses and Support workers to deliver 24/7 person-centred care.
You will work collaboratively with a multi-disciplinary team to coordinate safe and effective transitions from hospital settings to new homes. With your passion for young people and providing supports that are person-centred and individualised, this role will provide you with a sense of satisfaction. You will ensure the provision of high quality services, care and supports that promote the emotional, social and behavioural needs of the children and young people.
Candidates will have an active interested in:
- Managing a team
- Clinical care for young people
- Out of Home Care
- Disability supports
- Program / business growth.
- current registration with AHPRA as a Registered Nurse and Qualification
- demonstrated experience in working with people with complex care needs
- demonstrated ability to build positive relationships and work collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders
- proactive WHS and risk management practices
- proven organisational skills, ability to multi-task and prioritise workload
- excellent communication skills, including written, public speaking and presentation capabilities
- proficient computer skills in Microsoft Office programs.
Competitive remuneration + generous salary packaging benefits.
You will have the opportunity to be part of a supportive team and access a range of benefits, including:
- salary packaging (reduce the tax you pay and increase your take home pay)
- discounted private health insurance
- discounted home loan offers
- study assistance program (including reimbursement of tuition fees and access to study leave)
- employee referral scheme (be gifted when you refer someone you know to work at Wesley Mission)
- Employee Assistance Program (access to independent counselling and support services)
- Chaplaincy support.
Monday 25 January 2021, by 5 pm.
Please submit a copy of your CV/resume and a cover letter addressing the essential criteria. For further information or to apply, please contact:
Wesley Mission is a Christian organisation requiring all staff to affirm its values and Code of Conduct.
We are committed to providing an environment in which children can feel safe and valued. The suitable applicant will be subject to the relevant pre-employment checks for appointment to positions within Wesley Mission (including provision of a valid Working with Children Check clearance number). Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.