Trainer and Assessor - Victoria
- part-time 19 hours (per week) contract position until 30 June 2022
- can be based in Melbourne, Ballarat or other regional areas
- work with communities across Victoria
- have a direct impact on saving lives
- frequent interstate and intrastate travel
Wesley Mission is a high profile, multi-faceted Christian organisation making a real difference in the community. We work with the most disadvantaged in our community by providing over 200 services ranging from aged care, homeless services, child and family care, counselling, employment, training and education, and health services.
Our Vision is "Do all the good you can, by all the means you can, in all the ways you can, in all the places you can, at all the times you can, to all the people you can, as long as ever you can."
About the program
Wesley LifeForce provides suicide prevention services that educate and empower local communities, supporting people most at risk. Established in 1995, Wesley LifeForce began as a response to the growing number of suicides in Australia. Wesley LifeForce delivers suicide prevention training to educate and equip Australians with the tools to recognise and help someone who is at risk. Since 2002, we have provided suicide prevention skills training to more than 40,000 people in metropolitan, regional, rural and remote Australia.
About the role
This is a role that offers many rewards for committed individuals. Facilitating and delivering suicide prevention training to community members and targeted professionals around Australia, this is an autonomous role as part of a supportive and collaborative team across Australia. You will need solid experience as a Trainer or Facilitator, and may have a nursing, teaching, or counselling background.
Mental health training experience will be highly regarded, however comprehensive training in Wesley Mission’s programs will be provided.
This role reports to the Training Services Manager in Adelaide and works with team members based in NSW and WA.
This position requires frequent intrastate and interstate travel.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
- experience working in mental health or counselling or suicide prevention
- demonstrated experience in delivering effective adult education programs
- superior facilitation/presentation skills
- excellent verbal and written communication skills
- excellent organisational skills and the capacity to work with minimal supervision
- ability to work in a team environment and autonomously
- ability to travel extensively in your state and nationally
- current Australian driver’s licence.
- current Certificate IV in Training and Assessment
- passionate attitude to adult training and education
- accreditation as an ASIST or Mental Health First Aid trainer
- cultural awareness and sensitivity.
Benefits of working at Wesley Mission
- Employee Access Program
- career growth and training opportunities in a valuable sector
- attractive tax saving salary packaging sacrifice up to $15,900 of your yearly income.
Monday 25 January 2021, by 5pm.
Early applications are encouraged as they will be reviewed as received.
For further information please contact Bethany Farley on 0428 547 384.
To apply, please submit a copy of your CV/resume and a cover letter addressing all the selection criteria to:
Wesley Mission is a Christian organisation requiring all staff to affirm its values. We are committed to providing an environment in which children can feel safe and valued.
The suitable applicant will be subject to the relevant pre-employment checks for appointment to positions within Wesley Mission. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.