WHS Specialist - Carlingford
Wesley Work Health & Safety
- 8 month full-time fixed-term position covering maternity leave
- based in Carlingford, with regular Sydney and Regional NSW travel
- fully maintained vehicle and generous salary packaging benefits
Wesley Mission is a high profile, multi-faceted Christian organisation making a real difference in the community. We work with the most disadvantaged in our community by providing over 200 services ranging from aged care, homeless services, child and family care, counselling, employment, training and education, and health services.
Our Vision is “Do all the good you can, by all the means you can, in all the ways you can, in all the places you can, at all the times you can, to all the people you can, as long as ever you can.”
About the role
This position is an integral part of the Wesley Work Health & Safety Team. The purpose of the role is to enable Wesley Mission’s compliance to meet work health and safety statutory obligations and ensure continuous improvement of its Work Health and Safety Management System.
- degree in Work Health & Safety or equivalent
- 5 years’ experience in a similar role within a diverse organisation
- current and valid NSW driver’s licence
- strong commitment to work health and safety
- experience in the implementation, maintenance and auditing of work health & safety management systems to meet AS 45001:2018 requirements
- experience in conducting task analysis, risk assessments, incident investigations and recommending WHS risk control strategies
- experience in contractor safety management
- experience in developing and delivering WHS training
- database and on-line systems experience
- experience in WHS statistical analysis and report writing
- strong communication, interpersonal, negotiation, problem solving and influencing skills including capacity to deal with a range of stakeholders within and external to Wesley Mission
- excellent time-management skills including the ability to balance competing priorities and meet strict deadlines whilst maintaining excellent attention to detail.
- Certificate IV Training and Assessment (TAE)
- Oracle PeopleSoft experience
- knowledge of asbestos safe work practices
- not-for-profit or cause-related work experience.
Salary and employment conditions are commensurate with experience and qualifications, with generous salary packaging available, plus the 24/7 use of a fully maintained vehicle.
You will have the opportunity to access a range of benefits including:
- salary packaging (reduce the tax you pay and increase your take home pay)
- fully maintained vehicle (including for private use)
- professional development opportunities
- discounted private health insurance
- discounted home loan offers
- employee referral scheme (be gifted when you refer someone you know to work at Wesley Mission).
- study assistance program (including reimbursement of tuition fees and access to study leave)
- Employee Assistance Program (access to independent counselling and support services).
Friday 21 May 2021, 5 pm.
Please submit a copy of your CV/resume and a cover letter addressing all the selection criteria. For further information, or to submit an application, please contact:
Dominique De Francesco
Wesley Mission is a Christian organisation requiring all staff to affirm its values. We are committed to providing an environment in which children can feel safe and valued.
The suitable applicant will be subject to the relevant pre-employment checks for appointment to positions within Wesley Mission. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.