Youth Worker - Quakers Hill
Wesley Operation Hope
- permanent part-time position (up to 20hrs/week)
- based in Quakers Hill
- generous salary-packaging provision
Wesley Mission is a high profile, multi-faceted Christian organisation making a real difference in the community. We work with the most disadvantaged in our community by providing over 200 services ranging from aged care, homeless services, child and family care, counselling, employment, training and education, and health services.
Our Vision is “Do all the good you can, by all the means you can, in all the ways you can, in all the places you can, at all the times you can, to all the people you can, as long as ever you can.”
About the program
Wesley Operation Hope - an expedition style program - aims to build leadership, resilience, self-esteem and self-worth in vulnerable young people aged 12-17. Using adventure-based therapy, engaging in week long expeditions and regular day programs, Operation Hope is working to support young people in achieving personal goals, build peer support networks and reduce the risk of young people becoming disengaged from education and their community.
About the role
Wesley Operation Hope is seeking a Youth Worker to work three days a week (up to 20 hours) on a permanent part-time basis. Working closely with our Program Coordinator and Operation Hope team, the Youth Worker will help facilitate the delivery of these programs.
This position requires resilience, a professional attitude, ability to handle multiple demands, limited case work and an ability to engage with vulnerable young people.
Based at our Wesley Family Centre in Quakers Hill, the role will require travel throughout the Greater Sydney Area.
- tertiary qualifications in Youth Work, Social Science, Human Services or equivalent qualification
- demonstrated experience in program development including working with vulnerable young people
- ability to establish and maintain good relationships with key stakeholders including other Wesley Mission team members and centres, suppliers, employers and employees
- ability to work as part of a team as well as the ability to work alone and take initiative
- excellent time management and organisational skills
- demonstrated high-level written and verbal communication skills
- strong computer skills including intermediate Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- a firm understanding of WH&S
- drivers licence and reliable vehicle
- must be able to work (fortnightly) Saturdays
- must be able to attend overnight camps (between 2-5 nights) each school holiday period
- experience working within Adventure Based Therapy
- significant experience with Youth Work
- First Aid Certificate
- experience working within a Church based context
Friday 22 February 2018, by 5pm
Please submit a copy of your CV/resume and a cover letter addressing all the selection criteria. For further information, or to submit an application, please contact:
Email: [email protected]
Wesley Mission is a Christian organisation requiring all staff to affirm its values and Code of Conduct. We are committed to providing an environment in which children can feel safe and valued.
The suitable applicant will be subject to the relevant pre-employment checks for appointment to positions within Wesley Mission (including provision of a valid Working with Children Check clearance number). Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.