- full-time positions
- based in Northern Sydney locations
- salary SCHADS Level 5 (depending on experience)
Wesley Mission is a high profile, multi-faceted Christian organisation making a real difference in the community. Our Vision is “Do all the good you can, by all the means you can, in all the ways you can, in all the places you can, at all the times you can, to all the people you can, as long as ever you can.”
About the program
Wesley Mission GambleAware program provides a stepped, multimodal, individualised approach to supporting individuals impacted by gambling as well as those who are at risk of developing harmful gambling behaviours.
About the role
We are looking for outstanding Financial Counsellors who will deliver comprehensive and specialist financial counselling support to address the immediate financial distress caused by harmful gambling. This is a flexible and dynamic role that looks holistically at the client’s situation and provides a doorway into wrap around support services to ensure a collaborative approach is adopted.
All staff within Wesley Family & Counselling Services work hard to develop and maintain harmonious working relationships in an autonomous-supportive work environment where they are all trained to be the best in their field.
- Diploma of Financial Counselling
- accredited, or working towards, member of the Financial Counsellors Association of NSW (FCAN)
- experience providing counselling face-to-face, over the phone and via digital platforms
- understanding the importance of family and community ecosystems
- willingness to provide outreach counselling services
- experience and knowledge working from a trauma-informed approach
- experience working closely with vulnerable clients in a non-judgemental manner
- successful applicant will need a Working with Children’s Check & national criminal record check
- fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
- an interest in and knowledge of problem gambling issues, domestic violence, substance abuse, mental health, grief and loss
- experience and competence in delivering financial literacy programs
- FCAN recognised peer supervisor.
Please email your current resume and a two-page cover letter addressing the criteria and why you are interested in this role and what you can bring to our team by 5pm, Friday 17 December 2021. Please include the completed Wesley Mission Application for Employment. For further information, or to submit an application, please contact:
Phone: (02) 4723 9277
Wesley Mission is a Christian organisation requiring all staff to affirm its values and worker Code of Conduct. We are committed to providing an environment in which children can feel safe and valued.
The suitable applicant will be subject to the relevant pre-employment checks for appointment to positions within Wesley Mission (including provision of a valid Working with Children Check clearance number).Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.