Wesley Dalmar Penrith
- full-time position
- based in Penrith, NSW
- supervisory role in an established foster care program
Wesley Mission is a high profile, multi-faceted Christian organisation making a real difference in the community. We work with the most disadvantaged in our community by providing over 200 services ranging from aged care, homeless services, child and family care, counselling, employment, training and education, and health services.
Our Vision is “Do all the good you can, by all the means you can, in all the ways you can, in all the places you can, at all the times you can, to all the people you can, as long as ever you can.”
About the program
Wesley Dalmar is a large Funded Service Provider in NSW, with four different locations in Sydney which focus predominantly on supporting foster carers to care for children and young people. The Penrith program is responsible for working within the new Permanency framework to deliver restoration, guardianship, adoption, and permanent foster care services to approximately 80 children in the Western Sydney area.
About the role
We are seeking a full-time team leader to join the Wesley Dalmar team in Penrith. The position offers challenging and rewarding opportunities where you will be responsible for the support of a team of case managers, to ensure children in out of home care are in safe stable and suitable placements. In addition, you will implement effective case management to ensure that children, young people, families and carers receive integrated and coordinated quality services.
- degree in Social Work, Social Welfare, Psychology or related discipline
- 5 years’ experience working with children and families
- availability to work flexible working hours including some evenings and weekends
- current unrestricted driver’s licence
- ability to work as a part of a team and independently
- demonstrated ability to write reports to a professional standard
- experience in Case Management
- current Working with Children Check clearance or willingness to obtain.
- familiarity with the Permanency Support Program
- experience in out-of-home care
- previous supervisory experience
- working knowledge of the various legislations that govern out-of-home care in NSW
- Experience using consensus based risk assessment with families (see definition: https://aifs.gov.au/cfca/publications/risk-assessment-child-protection).
Salary and employment conditions are in accordance with the Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Services Award 2010, Level 6.
Generous salary packaging, and a fully maintained motor vehicle are provided to the successful applicant.
Monday 29 November 2021, at 5pm.
Please submit a copy of your CV/resume and a cover letter addressing all the selection criteria. For further information, or to submit an application, please contact:
Wesley Mission is a Christian organisation requiring all staff to affirm its values and Worker code of conduct. We are committed to providing an environment in which children can feel safe and valued.
The suitable applicant will be subject to the relevant pre-employment checks for appointment to positions within Wesley Mission (including provision of a valid Working with Children Check clearance number). Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.