Wesley Work Health & Safety
- permanent full-time position
- based in Carlingford, with regular travel to both metro and regional services within NSW to provide on WHS support and advice
- fully maintained vehicle and generous salary packaging
Wesley Mission is a high profile, multi-faceted Christian organisation making a real difference in the community. We work with the most disadvantaged in our community by providing over 200 services ranging from aged care, homeless services, child and family care, counselling, employment, training and education, and health services.
Our Vision is “Do all the good you can, by all the means you can, in all the ways you can, in all the places you can, at all the times you can, to all the people you can, as long as ever you can.”
About the role
This position is an integral part of the Wesley Work Health and Safety Team. The purpose of the role is two-fold with the primary focus on providing WHS advice on a broad range of WHS matters, training and support to sites, managers and supervisors together with support within the WHS Team, in accordance with the organisation’s WHS Management Framework. Secondarily, the position is responsible for some WHS administrative tasks relating to workers’ compensation and incident reporting.
Working with the WHS Team, you will provide best practice WHS advice, support and guidance to managers including responding to WHS queries and support managers to understand and implement the Wesley Mission WHS Management Framework Manual. You will assist the WHS Manager and WHS Business Partners to maintain an effective WHS internal audit program which will require you to participate in site audits, review evidence, report on audit results and work with managers to develop corrective action plans and thereafter follow up on implementation. You will assist line managers and the WHS Team to complete WHS risk assessments and incident investigations and identify and track corrective actions. You will participate in the development, review and delivery of WHS training and participate in the review of WHS policies, procedures and associated documents. You will action/assist with the fortnightly workers compensation wage reimbursement and reconciliation process and return to work status and open claims reporting. You will action/assist with administration and follow up associated with Wesley Mission’s incident reporting system and processes. You will contribute to the preparation of WHS reports and provide back-up support to WHS Team colleagues.
- strong personal commitment to work health and safety
- tertiary qualifications in work and health and safety or equivalent
- working knowledge of ISO 45001:2018 Occupational health and safety management systems
- working knowledge of incident investigation techniques including investigation, analysis and evaluation
- strong verbal communication and report writing skills, including active listening, stakeholder influence/collaboration
- demonstrated ability to work unsupervised
- excellent time-management skills including the ability to balance competing priorities and meet strict deadlines
- excellent attention to detail
- current NSW driver’s licence
- two years’ experience in a similar role within a diverse organisation.
- experience working in a for-purpose organisation
- experience in the implementation, maintenance and auditing of Work Health and Safety Management Systems in accordance with ISO 45001:2018 Occupational health and safety management systems
- workers’ compensation and injury management experience
- incident investigator training
- experience in developing, implementing and reviewing WHS education and training
- current First Aid Certificate.
Remuneration and benefits
Salary and employment conditions are commensurate with experience and qualifications. You will have the opportunity to access a range of benefits including:
- generous salary packaging (reduce the tax you pay and increase your take home pay)
- fully maintained vehicle (including for private use)
- professional development opportunities
- discounted private health insurance
- discounted home loan offers
- employee referral scheme (be gifted when you refer someone you know to work at Wesley Mission).
- study assistance program (including reimbursement of tuition fees and access to study leave)
- Employee Assistance Program (access to independent counselling and support services).
A copy of the Position Description is attached.
Please submit a copy of your CV/resume and a cover letter addressing all the selection criteria. For further information, or to submit an application, please contact:
Dominique De Francesco
Wesley Mission is a Christian organisation requiring all staff to affirm its values. We are committed to providing an environment in which children can feel safe and valued.
The suitable applicant will be subject to the relevant pre-employment checks for appointment to positions within Wesley Mission. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.