Wesley Mission’s services are here for you and for those who are vulnerable throughout this unprecedented time. The vast majority of our work is an essential community service, and we expect to continue providing the best possible care throughout this time of need. Due to government directives or other temporary disruptions, while we continue to provide our services some may be delivered in a different way. Below is an update of those services that have temporary changes.
Newcastle Community Hub
Newcastle Community Hub is open for business. Our No Wrong Door approach is temporarily adapted to comply with COVID-19 NSW Health recommendations. We continue to assist every person who contacts the Hub by phone, email or in person, while maintaining social distancing and health hygiene measures. Our Client Support Team is committed to an end-to-end client experience which addresses a client’s immediate needs, and where appropriate, also linking clients to service supports that consider their broader circumstances.
To speak with a Client Support Team Member please phone 02 4951 3600, or email [email protected]
Wesley Christian Life
We now have limited spaces at in-person gatherings every week for Sunday services at Wesley Mission 220 Pitt St, as well as continuing to stream services in English, Indonesian and Chinese here.
Due to COVID-19 restrictions on gatherings, places are limited at our Sunday services, please reserve a spot by clicking here.
Our Congregations online page also has additional resources in English that we pray will bless and uplift you.
If you’re in need of pastoral care, we encourage you to get in touch by emailing our pastoral team at [email protected]
Wesley Community Legal services
Wesley Community Legal Service is a free service available throughout New South Wales, and is available by telephone and email. The service has temporarily stopped in-person appointments. Our friendly and helpful lawyers understand how gambling problems affect individuals and families and are ready and waiting to help. Call us on (02) 9263 5590.
Wesley Conference Centre
The Wesley Conference Centre is open and available to assist with live and virtual events.
A registered COVID Safe business, all staff have completed the Restaurant & Catering Association COVID-19 Hospitality Best Practice Training.
In line with the latest safety regulations and recommendations, we have put in place a number of COVID safe steps and precautions to ensure the safety of all our visitors and staff is maintained, these include:
- Placing signage throughout the venue to communicate the importance of hand washing, social spacing, coughing etiquette and staying at home if you’re unwell
- Placing hand sanitisers, tissue boxes and bins for hygienic disposal in all spaces
- Increasing our comprehensive cleaning and disinfecting of all surfaces
- Our catering service options have been modified, and we continue to stringently adhere to all food safety regulations and requirements
- Implementing social spacing strategies, adhering to the limit of one person per two square metres
- Providing virtual events including webcasting, video conferencing broadcasting from our digital studio.
Please contact our team here to find out more about how we can help you hold your next event.
Welsey Financial Counselling are still committed to delivering the best possible support service to all clients and have temporarily adapted its services to ensure the safety of our clients and staff is fully met.
Wesley Financial Counselling is currently providing telephone and video conference appointments to those who require financial counselling at the following locations:
- Bondi Junction
- Bella Vista
- Sydney CBD
- Port Macquarie
To arrange an appointment with a financial counsellor please contact us:
Wesley Disability Services
Supported and Short Term Accommodation Sites
With the government announcing more measures to restrict the spread of COVID-19, it is very important that we all do our share to protect our loved ones and everyone in our community. It is for these reasons that visitors visiting our supported and short-term accommodation sites must call the resident’s Service Manager 24 hours in advance to organise an appropriate time to visit. This will help manage the number of people on-site and maintain physical distancing within the client’s room, outdoor or designated area. Due to these restrictions, there will be temporary changes to planned activities, we will be working with the residents and providing options for alternate activities.
Wesley LifeSkills and Respite Services
Our Wesley LifeSkills and respite services will remain open at this time, to ensure clients and families are able to get the support they need. Temporary changes will be made to these services in order to minimise the spread of COVID-19 and to adhere to government protocols. Changes may include individualised support delivered at home, using technology for social support or skill development programs. We will be flexible and creative, to find ways to support clients during this challenging time.
The NDIA has introduced a temporary price increase for some supports of 10 per cent effective from Wednesday 25 March 2020, these supports include:
- Assistance with daily life (excluding supported independent living)
- Assistance with social and community participation
- Improved health and wellbeing (excluding personal training)
- Improved daily living skills
Clients will be required to give 10 business days notice for a cancellation if they want to avoid paying the full fee for a cancelled service. Previously, participants were required to give two business days notice. From Monday 30 March 2020, providers will also be able to claim 100 per cent of the agreed support price when a participant cancels a service at short notice.
Three new support coordination items under Core Supports
Clients can flexibly use their Core or Capacity Building budgets for support coordination. As Wesley Disability Services is a provider of Support Coordination Services we can provide this service as needed.
If you are already using Wesley Disability Support Services please contact your Service Manager directly if you have any further questions. If you would like to enquire more about our services or have any further questions please call 1800 021 821 or email [email protected].
Wesley Emergency Relief
Wesley Mission’s Emergency Relief program helps people address their immediate basic needs in times of financial crisis.
Due to COVID-19, the Emergency Relief team has launched a new online submission form to help respond to the high volume of enquiries we are currently receiving. Once the form has been submitted, a team member will contact you within seven business days to discuss your enquiry.
To access the Wesley Emergency Relief form, please click here.
For urgent support, please email [email protected]
Wesley Experiences is continuing to deliver memorable outdoor experiences in a COVID Safe environment.
As a registered COVID Safe business, all staff have completed the Australian Government’s COVID-19 infection control training and have implemented several changes to ensure we’re able to deliver COVID Safe events for all people who access our services.
To comply with COVID-19 restrictions, we’ve put precautions in place for your safety. These ensure:
- records of all participants are kept for contact tracing purposes and provided to the relevant parties only if required
- temperatures are checked, and COVID-19 questionnaires are filled out by all participants within 24 hours of each event, if not at the beginning of the event
- hand sanitiser/hand washing is widely encouraged and used prior and post to all meal and activity sessions
- social distancing is encouraged where possible during activity sessions when relevant
- all activity equipment is regularly cleaned and sanitised in accordance with manufacturers recommendations
- flexible delivery options for most programs, including venue changes or incursions where possible are avalible.
We’re open for bookings! Contact us online and one of our friendly team members will be in touch with you shortly to discuss your goals and requirements.
Our patients’ wellbeing is our highest priority. But as we navigate these challenging times, we’re continually making changes to our visitor rules to follow new government guidelines surrounding COVID-19.
We ask all visitors at Wesley Hospital Ashfield and Wesley Hospital Kogarah to maintain the following:
- visitors over 12 years of age are required to wear masks at all times and to abide by social distancing guidelines, maintaining 1.5 metres distance.
- up to two adults plus children can see their loved ones for 30 minutes, per visit
- visitors will be required to participate in screening on arrival at site.
We ask that you refrain from visiting Wesley Hospital Ashfield and Wesley Hospital Kogarah if:
- you’ve returned from overseas in the last 14 days
- had contact with someone who’s tested positively for COVID-19
- you experience any of the symptoms associated with COVID-19, including:
- runny nose
- shortness of breath and/or rapid breathing
- sore throat
If you’re experiencing any of these symptoms, contact your local General Practitioner.
While visitors are now welcome, we highly encourage visitors to continue connecting with their loved ones through interactive means such as video calls and messaging.
Wesley Out Of School Hours Care
The wellbeing of children at our Wesley Out of School Hours Care (Wesley OOSH) centres is our number one priority. We have a COVID Safe Plan to ensure that our centres continue to remain a safe environment for everyone.
Wesley ParentsNext is a flexible and supportive program for parents with young children and has adapted its services to now be done online and over the phone. The service has temporarily stopped in-person appointments but still remains committed to supporting clients to plan ahead and work towards their education and employment goals at a pace that suits families and circumstances.
Contact number: 1300 911 486
Wesley Residential Aged Care
With the rise of COVID-19 cases in our communities and the government’s directive for people to stay at home, we have made the very difficult decision to close all our Wesley Residential Aged Care facilities to visitors, effective from Wednesday 1 April 2020.
These Residential Aged Care facilities include:
- Wesley Rayward Carlingford
- Wesley Tebbutt Dundas
- Wesley Vickery Sylvania
- Wesley Taylor Narrabeen
This is not a decision that has been taken lightly, we understand how important it is for our residents and families to stay connected. This is a further precaution to keep everyone safe and help prevent the spread of the virus in the wider community.
Additional preventive measures are as follows:
- Our facilities will not allow visitors, except when a resident is at the end of their life and the visit has been arranged with the facility prior to arrival.
- All visitors will be screened prior to entry to the facility, including having their temperature safely taken. If a visitor’s temperature is above 37.5°C and / they display symptoms of acute respiratory infection they will not be allowed to enter the facility.
- From 1 May 2020, all visitors must provide evidence that they have received the annual influenza vaccination.
- Residents have been asked not to leave the facility during this time, except for essential medical appointments.
To support our residents’ social and emotional wellbeing, video conferencing is now available for residents at our facilities so they can keep in touch with families and friends.
Wesley Retirement Living
The wellbeing of our residents and staff is our number one priority and we are working to ensure that our Retirement Villages continue to remain a safe environment for everyone.
We are committed to communicating transparently and clearly with our residents and have issued letters to keep them up to date with the preventative actions taken so far in line with Australian Governments advice, for their safety.
We have robust infection control practices that are reviewed and updated regularly. Our staff and residents are supported through training and education on infection control, outbreak management and COVID-19 in accordance with advice from the Australian Department of Health and local Public Health Units.
Our open day events have been cancelled in response to Government guidelines. We are however still conducting personal tours for our sites, with a limit on the number of people attending to comply with social distancing requirements. Please talk to our friendly Sales and Guest relations team if you have any questions regarding a tour at a Wesley Retirement Village.
We strongly advise all visitors to adhere to the Governments’ advice and help us to keep our vulnerable community safe during this unprecedented time and thank you in advance for your co-operation.
We ask that you refrain from visiting our communities if:
• You have returned from overseas in the last 14 days.
• Have had contact with someone who has tested positively for COVID-19.
• You experience any of the symptoms associated with COVID-19, including:
- Runny nose;
- Shortness of breath and/or rapid breathing;
- Sore throat;
- Fever; and
If you are experiencing these symptoms, please contact your local GP.
If you require any further information with regards to visiting a Wesley Retirement Village and/or have any questions or concerns please don’t hesitate to call our village teams who are dedicated to supporting our residents during the COVID-19 threat.
Phone number: 1800 931 107
Email: [email protected]
Wesley School for Seniors
As restrictions on gathering and movement in New South Wales are constantly changing, we’re planning for a staged reopening of Wesley School for Seniors in 2021. As of the new year, Wesley School for Seniors classes will run as below:
In person classes at:
- City: Level 3, 220 Pitt Street, Sydney
- Alan Walker Village: 1 Dalmar Place, Carlingford
- Frank Vickery Village: 101 Port Hacking Road, Sylvania.
For our online classes run via Zoom remotely please click here.
All tutors and students will have to comply with COVID safe rules, including temperature checks, sign in procedures, hand sanitisation or use of gloves as appropriate.
Wesley Seniors Social Hub
Staying connected with one another is more important than ever, especially during this challenging time.
Wesley Seniors Social Hub is open for business. We continue to assist every person who contacts the Hub by phone, email or in person, while maintaining social distancing and health hygiene measures.
Wesley Youth Hope
We are still currently running our Youth Hope Program and Youth Action Team in the Blacktown and Penrith areas. We will continue to support families in case management, ensuring both worker and client safety is always our number one priority. Our team is getting creative in how we meet and engage with our clients including:
- FaceTime calls
- Meeting at local parks
- Meeting at front verandas.
We currently cover 5 Child Protection offices in Penrith, St Marys, Hawkesbury, Blacktown and Mt Druitt, and take both self and community referrals.
We are not a crisis service; however, we are able to refer you to other services when necessary.
Our service is available from 9 am – 5 pm Monday to Friday