Community legal services
Wesley Community Legal Service is a free service available throughout New South Wales by telephone, email and in person. Our friendly and helpful lawyers understand how gambling problems affect individuals and families and are ready and waiting to help. Call us on (02) 9263 5590.
Our lawyers offer a range of specialist services for people who would like legal advice on a variety of issues related to gambling which may include:
- questions or concerns related to problem gambling
- self-exclusion and gambling regulation
- bankruptcy, consumer rights, credit and debt, criminal law, family law, litigation and Wills
- relationship breakdown and information about separation rights
- advice for family members of a problem gambler on how to legally protect their assets whilst providing support to the individual.
Wesley Community Legal Service may also be able to represent in court those facing criminal prosecution for gambling related stealing.
We also provide advice and information to the broader community through a range of training and educative initiatives. We aim to raise community awareness of responsible gambling issues by providing accurate, relevant information and are available to speak at community seminars, workshops and public forums.
Our service also provides legal information to Gambling Counsellors, Financial Counsellors, Lawyers and the community about their clients or questions of practice and ethics. Training sessions are available for these purposes.
We welcome state-wide referrals from gambling counselling services and other professionals.