All of our counsellors are required to undergo specialist training with the Responsible Gambling Funds (RGF) minimum qualification program. Call us on 1300 827 638.
We take a wide-ranging approach to treatment, acknowledging that research from both the ‘medical model’ and ‘behavioural model’ does not support a ‘one fits all’ approach. There is, however, research supporting the need to upskill Gambling Counsellors in a range of theoretical models to:
- identify the process variable that can most consistently predict a positive outcome
- equip counsellors with a combination of techniques that can bring about higher rates of problem resolution
- implement change assessment
- understand that client participation in setting realistic, timely and achievable goals is essential
- ensure that decisions derived from initial assessments are defined by the client.