Mental Health First Aid (2 Day Course) - Carlingford NSW
MHFA Training can provide members of the community with:
- skills in how to recognise the signs and symptoms of mental health problems;
- knowledge of the possible causes or risk factors for these mental health problems;
- awareness of the evidenced-based medical, psychological and alternative treatments available;
- skills in how to give appropriate initial help and support someone experiencing a mental health problem;
- skills in how to take appropriate action if a crisis situation arises involving suicidal behaviour, panic attack, stress reaction to trauma, overdose or threatening psychotic behaviour.