Assistance with Care and Housing (ACH) provides advocacy on behalf of older people who are homeless or at risk of becoming homeless; some of the most vulnerable, isolated and at-risk members of our community. Our services cover Parramatta, Blacktown, and Penrith.
Older people at risk of becoming homeless are amongst the most vulnerable members of our community. We provide help by moving and settling them in to their home, and ensuring that appropriate services and care are provided, including:
- addressing immediate needs such as arranging medical appointments, filling out forms and sorting financial matters
- support through the Guardianship Tribunal
- referring to appropriate care providers
- identifying and assisting with obtaining alternative housing
- assistance with rehousing
- building up trust in the context of a supportive relationship